Did I damage my lumia's battery?

jddumawa

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My phone (lumia625) ran empty on battery while on travel.... I charged it up to about 10% and took it for my walking exercise, it got empty once more..... I went to charge and the phone would alternately flash the battery charging screen and the nokia flash screen....turn off and battery charging screen and then the nokia flash screen. It went on like that for about thirty minutes or so....until finally the phone turned on. What i notice now though is that the phone is very slow to charge. Although the discharge rate is still seemingly similar to how it was before. My only problem is the charging time...which is so sloow now after the incident I described. Could i have damaged the battery?

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No your battery will be fine ! the odd tech sites say its best to run the battery dead every few months and to keep charging it at different levels to help keep the battery life span.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Possibly, but it may be reversible.

Allegedly, the battery has memory which controls (??). Charge your battery for a few cycles, you may see this reverse itself. Make sure your next charge (no matter how long) gets it fully charged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786