Should my OIS update taken care of shaky blury pictures?

W

WPCentral Question

OIS not working in Lumia 1020. I doubt...

Hi,
So here is my problem. I have a nokia lumia 1020 that i got couple of weeks back. Of late, I noticed that when I take pictures with flash off, be it in daylight or low light, and while clicking the shot, I shake my hands intentionally, the pictures come to be shaky. It takes care of normal hand movement, but when I intentionally shake hands like up and down while clicking a pic it takes shaky pictures. Is it normal? Shouldn't OIS take care of such things.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: OIS not working in Lumia 1020. I doubt...

The Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) is comprised of the camera lenses floating on spring mounts. It is designed to eliminate the normal small amounts of movement from your hands involuntarily moving while you're holding the phone. If you are intentionally shaking the phone, you can and will move the phone enough to defeat the stabilization features of the camera.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It eliminates small shakes. Key word small. Remember to avoid blurring shots you will need to shoot at a faster shutter speed. I shoot 1/20 to 1/40 indoors and sometimes alter the ISO. You will get crisper photos but slightly noiser than the stock auto mode which will shoot a longer exposure and lead to more blurring.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: OIS not working in Lumia 1020. I doubt...

This may sound funny, but as much as I love having a camera button, I very often use the on screen button to avoid excess vibration.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa