Lumia 735 or?

W

WPCentral Question

Hi All,

Long time Windows Phone user here, (Samsung Omnia 7, Lumia 800, 900 and now 920) I currently have my family, Wife (920) and eldest daughter (520) on WP.

My daughter wants a replacement for her Lumia 520 and I'm thinking a 735 would fit the bill but I have concerns so I'll blurt them out and hopefully someone on here will make me feel better if we stick with Windows Phone.

1/ will the CPU be up to the job of playing the latest games smoothly (I'm thinking a year down the line, my 920 feels slow on some of the latest games and according to benchmarks there isn't much between a 920 and 735)

2/ Like for Like the CPU on android appears to run the games smoother and of higher quality. I always thought this was an advantage of Windows Phone?

3/ If I get her a Moto G 4G for example what would she be missing by leaving Windows Phone?

4/ If we decide to stick with Windows Phone is there an alternative to the 735? (I think Nokia needed a better CPU in the 830 to justify the jump)

several potatos

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I would go with the Lumia 1520, because you can currently snag it on Amazon for $450, which isn't too much higher than the asking price for the Lumia 735. It has all the latest specs, so it should tide her well.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Long time Windows Phone user here, (Samsung Omnia 7, Lumia 800, 900 and now 920) I currently have my family, Wife (920) and eldest daughter (520) on WP.

My daughter wants a replacement for her Lumia 520 and I'm thinking a 735 would fit the bill but I have concerns so I'll blurt them out and hopefully someone on here will make me feel better if we stick with Windows Phone.

1/ will the CPU be up to the job of playing the latest games smoothly (I'm thinking a year down the line, my 920 feels slow on some of the latest games and according to benchmarks there isn't much between a 920 and 735)

2/ Like for Like the CPU on android appears to run the games smoother and of higher quality. I always thought this was an advantage of Windows Phone?

3/ If I get her a Moto G 4G for example what would she be missing by leaving Windows Phone?

4/ If we decide to stick with Windows Phone is there an alternative to the 735? (I think Nokia needed a better CPU in the 830 to justify the jump)

1) I don't know for sure if it'll be able to whip through the top-end games without breaking a sweat, if its similar to the 920, I guess its a reasonable parallel.

2) I wouldn't know, it could be a variety of factors, Android is more popular (more effort put in?), maybe a comparable phone has more graphics muscle under the hood, etc.

3) She would be missing the design and experience of the platform, trading for the (better or worse, its subjective) solid Google ecosystem. Meaning more games, apps, and I doubt she'd miss the WP exclusives, although that depends, I know I would.
She would be getting one of the best low-end phones out there, etc etc.

4) Of course there are fancier devices like the 930... I don't know what to tell you. Maybe outside of the Lumia lineup?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo