Do I need a new screen?

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 1520 Screen...

It bothers me but not by much, when you pressed the screen lightly, it shows a splash or a weird color on LCD when being pressed, is that normal? Should I have it replaced? Press your screen on L1520 and see it being smeared with faint colors.

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't get any colours on my 1520
You sure/? I don't mean colors, just for example, you're playing a game, or typing a keyboard, the colors faded out, watch your keyboard while you're typing, press firmly too. You'll see the LCD being rippled or something in faded colors. I don't mean red, blue or green, I mean when pressed it looks washed out.

Daniel_S

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
re:

Same issue here. You see it better when it has a light greyish background (like numerical when unlocking phone) .
I went back to the store with it. Salesperson told me it was normal and his Lumia 625 had the same thing. He also showed me that the display phones (Lumias and Android phones) are having the issues (but who knows how the display phone's have been treated by customers). His colleague said it was the display technology used in the 1520.

As for now out is starting to bother me less, but if it keeps bothering me they are be happy to help setting up the claim for me and give a new phone (which may or may not have it).

Skeleknights

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
re:

Same issue here. You see it better when it has a light greyish background (like numerical when unlocking phone) .
I went back to the store with it. Salesperson told me it was normal and his Lumia 625 had the same thing. He also showed me that the display phones (Lumias and Android phones) are having the issues (but who knows how the display phone's have been treated by customers). His colleague said it was the display technology used in the 1520.

As for now out is starting to bother me less, but if it keeps bothering me they are be happy to help setting up the claim for me and give a new phone (which may or may not have it).
Thank you so much for explaining this much better than what I am trying to say. This is exactly what I meant, so I guess its not a big deal eh? Not going to damage the phone?

ferrynotfairy

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 Screen...

I don't think this is normal. I didn't have this issue for the first 3 months since I got this. I think, this started when I downloaded an app similar to timelapse. I left it capturing the clouds for 20 minutes. The phone went hot when I got it. I have yet to go to a Nokia Service Center to have this checked. It bothers me really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre