Is it possible to download large size apps without WiFi?

Aruna Perera

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
i have lumia 1020. in app store over 100mb game and app download request wifi. if we dont have wifi how did install by pc. install by local path in phone mass memory

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Go to windows phone site on pc and open the app page you want to install.
After that go to bottom left of the page there is a option download and install manually download it and copy to your phone.
Then wait sometime as your reads it after that go to store and open options on bottom right and there will be a option install local apps

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to windows phone site on pc and open the app page you want to install.
After that go to bottom left of the page there is a option download and install manually download it and copy to your phone.
Then wait sometime as your reads it after that go to store and open options on bottom right and there will be a option install local apps

The OP has a Lumia 1020 which does not have expandable storage. You cannot install local apps without an SD card present on the phone, the option "Install local apps" doesn't even exist without it.

There is a way. If you have two Windows phones, you can turn on Internet sharing on one phone and then download apps larger than 100MB from the other phone which will simply see it as Wifi. Then you can swap the SIM and do the same on the other phone. I've done this many times.

Himanshu Sonwani

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
The OP has a Lumia 1020 which does not have expandable storage. You cannot install local apps without an SD card present on the phone, the option "Install local apps" doesn't even exist without it.

There is a way. If you have two Windows phones, you can turn on Internet sharing on one phone and then download apps larger than 100MB from the other phone which will simply see it as Wifi. Then you can swap the SIM and do the same on the other phone. I've done this many times.
No you can install without SD card I have a 925 I am installing without SD card

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site

Ok I didn't knew that.
*There is a way. If you have another smartphone, you can turn on Internet sharing on one phone and then download apps larger than 100MB from the other phone which will simply see it as Wifi. Then you can swap the SIM and do the same on the other phone. I've done this many times
Corrected

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No you can install without SD card I have a 925 I am installing without SD card

I think perhaps you misunderstood. Of course you can install without an SD card over Wifi or cellular data. The problem the OP has is that there is an artificial limit set of 100MB when installing apps over cellular data. Apps over that size require Wifi and if the OP doesn't have that option, what can he/she do?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786