• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Prime Day 2018
    i have lumia 1020. in app store over 100mb game and app download request wifi. if we dont have wifi how did install by pc. install by local path in phone mass memory
    10-16-2014 03:16 AM
    Are there any cafes nearby that have WiFi?
    10-16-2014 03:40 AM
    Go to windows phone site on pc and open the app page you want to install.
    After that go to bottom left of the page there is a option download and install manually download it and copy to your phone.
    Then wait sometime as your reads it after that go to store and open options on bottom right and there will be a option install local apps
    Force2Reckon likes this.
    10-16-2014 03:45 AM
    Go to windows phone site on pc and open the app page you want to install.
    After that go to bottom left of the page there is a option download and install manually download it and copy to your phone.
    Then wait sometime as your reads it after that go to store and open options on bottom right and there will be a option install local apps
    The OP has a Lumia 1020 which does not have expandable storage. You cannot install local apps without an SD card present on the phone, the option "Install local apps" doesn't even exist without it.

There is a way. If you have two Windows phones, you can turn on Internet sharing on one phone and then download apps larger than 100MB from the other phone which will simply see it as Wifi. Then you can swap the SIM and do the same on the other phone. I've done this many times.
    Aruna Perera likes this.
    10-16-2014 04:12 AM
    The OP has a Lumia 1020 which does not have expandable storage. You cannot install local apps without an SD card present on the phone, the option "Install local apps" doesn't even exist without it.

There is a way. If you have two Windows phones, you can turn on Internet sharing on one phone and then download apps larger than 100MB from the other phone which will simply see it as Wifi. Then you can swap the SIM and do the same on the other phone. I've done this many times.
    No you can install without SD card I have a 925 I am installing without SD card
    10-16-2014 04:15 AM

Ok I didn't knew that.
    *There is a way. If you have another smartphone, you can turn on Internet sharing on one phone and then download apps larger than 100MB from the other phone which will simply see it as Wifi. Then you can swap the SIM and do the same on the other phone. I've done this many times
    Corrected
    Aruna Perera likes this.
    10-16-2014 04:16 AM
    No you can install without SD card I have a 925 I am installing without SD card
    I think perhaps you misunderstood. Of course you can install without an SD card over Wifi or cellular data. The problem the OP has is that there is an artificial limit set of 100MB when installing apps over cellular data. Apps over that size require Wifi and if the OP doesn't have that option, what can he/she do?
    Last edited by envio; 10-16-2014 at 05:22 AM.
    aximtreo and Aruna Perera like this.
    10-16-2014 04:21 AM
    I have windows phone and BB. I keep my BB as hotspot whenever I have large app to install/update in my Lumia phone.
    Aruna Perera likes this.
    10-17-2014 02:54 PM
    still my problem pending.
    10-21-2014 12:47 AM
    no. we dont have wifi around 10km
    10-21-2014 02:40 AM
    i want like nokia pc suite app
    10-21-2014 02:43 AM
    i want like nokia pc suite app
    The Nokia Software Recovery Tool download link is found on this site: FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - UK
    10-23-2014 11:39 PM