Is there a possibility for a Windows phone with a physical qwerty keyboard in the near future?

hajie

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
is there a possibility for a windows phone with a physical qwerty keyboard in the near future?

a phone like a small computer

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there a possibility for a windows phone with a physical qwerty keyboard in the near future?

Looks like the market has left those models behind sadly.
We might see a random one, but nothing so far and probably in the near future.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there a possibility for a windows phone with a physical qwerty keyboard in the near future?

Looks like the market has left those models behind sadly.
We might see a random one, but nothing so far and probably in the near future.
Nokia had conducted a survey about an year and half back and Elop mentioned that there was still demand for devices like E7 outside US, but they never tried to bring a WP, may be on OS limitation?

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

I'd be interested to see wp on a keyboard form factor - it does come with office! The blackberry passport is the only device I can think of that would sort right with wp (the Q10 is perhaps too small for the multimedia aspect of WP).

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Possibility... Yes.

Likeliness... I doubt it.

Personally not a fan of physical keyboards. A waste of screen estate to me. Unless they are those that slide like old phones, and not like those of blackberries.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

As I've said before, I'm a sucker for portrait sliders.

Argh if I could get something like the Dell Venue Pro or Palm Pre 3 with a current OS.

hajie

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

it's nice to have a unique smart phone these days, having a full touch handset device is just ordinary nowadays

Juha Komulainen

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Windows physical qwerty phone could be true if MS co is Stefan Elop. Now if you want qwerty phone you have to make it your self like jolla phone. Jolla is Nokia's old meego.

Charles Goin

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
As an owner and an avid fan of the WP7 Dell Venue Pro, I would LOVE an updated version of that phone. I think it would sell well too.. If promoted and advertised, and sold via Verizon, AT&T, and T-mobile at the same time. Only reason the DVP didnt sell was NO ONE SOLD IT.. It was only available at the Dell website. Not even Best Buy carried it.. I wish I could upgrade it to Windows 8.1 if I could I would get a "new" one. Best phone I ever owned.