Nokia lumia 1020 hacked?

W

WPCentral Question

I just got a recent update to Windows 8.1 last month. Today I received several calls from my husband's number, but he was at home and didn't call me. I received the third call and it was a recorded voice of the infamous Kerpal prank call. I hung up, and then my husband got several calls to his iPhone 6 from my number, and I of course didn't call. I turned my phone off and took out my SIM card... I don't know what to do now. I already changed my google and facebook password. What else can I do? Should I do a factory reset on my phone, or change my SIM card?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Probably some scammers having a fun time spoofing caller id.

We once got a phone call where caller ID ID'd it as our own phone.
Your phone isn't "hacked" and neither is his iPhone, its probably out of your power.

Might want to contact your service provider and maybe file a complaint with a regulatory thing in your country. e.g. USA's FCC.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
re:

Its def not a bug.... Think about it. What's the chances of 2 different OS getting's calls like that? Millions to one. And what's the chances out of all the millions of numbers to get a call it was you and your husband and both on the same day? It's obviously a prank from a friend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb