Why is my Lumia disconnecting home WiFi and fine on all other networks?

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have two Lumia 830's that all of sudden disrupt my home wifi connection at certain times or during the use of random apps. When both phone's wifi is disabled the network is fine and all other devices run fine. I've scoured other threads with people having similar problems but no concrete evidence or help on how to resolve this issue. As far as what I have tried so far - reset and reconfigured wireless router and switched to a new modem/router. Changed wifi channels and tried different bands. Connection has been strong in all set-ups as well and still the problem persists.

Any direction or other tactics would be greatly appreciated!

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
With all 3 configurations, they were all Netgears with the latest and greatest firmware. The issues happen with one other device or five. It was working fine for a few weeks then all of sudden, not. 😠

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the feedback. I would agree, it almost seems like some sort of conflict. For the moment one of the 830's seems to hold on now but with extreme lag, while the other 830 still drops and disrupts the entire home wifi. I'm running Debian on both with update 1 on the one of em, wonder if this might be causing some of the issues.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am absolutely stumped. I shut off every device, run only one 830, stand right next to the modem and router...the phone connects to wifi no problem, I can browse store and download/update apps...but second I run a certain app (like wpcentral app and various games) it either resets my modem or the phone loses communication with the network every single time. :\
I flashed one of the phones to Denim but that didn't help either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos