Pictures Saving In Landscape Mode

Chris_H396

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea when it started, but all of a sudden everytime I try to take a picture on my Lumia 925, whether it portrait or landscape mode the picture saves in landscape mode. I noticed this Monday of this week. I tried switching from the reg. camera app to the Pro cam, and nothing changed. I even made sure the rotation lock wasn't the cause. Someone plz help.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This only happened to me when I take photos where my phone would be almost parallel to the ground, e.g. in taking photos of receipts placed flat on the table and I need the receipts to face my camera squarely.

Are your shots taken in the same manner as above, or are they "normal" shots where your phone is not nearly parallel to the ground?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I see, you're welcome.:smile:

You could try ensuring that the camera icons are in portrait orientation before taking the shot. This didn't work for me, but it might work for you since we have different phones.**

I tried a few shots just now, ensuring that the camera icons are in portrait mode before taking the shot. It seems that when the phone forms an angle less than 30 degrees to the ground the photos will be saved in landscape mode, regardless of the orientation of the camera icons. Sounds like an app bug to me since we're using two different phones.

I'll go ahead and send some feedback to the App Developers, they seem to respond by updating the app*. You may also want to do the same. In the meantime, I don't have any workaround for this except to just snap the photo and then rotate the image (both the low res in the Photo Hub and high-res by "Reframe") to portrait orientation.

* - last time they did was to improve the grain consistency at high resolutions and low light a few weeks after I provided feedback about having too much grain in low light and high-res photos. Coincidence?:wink:

** - as soon as I find a solution I'll post it here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon