Lumia 830 or 925?

Igor_BL

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am about to do upgrade from my Lumia 820, and I am in dilemma. I can get new Nokia Lumia 925 for 260 USD, or new Nokia Lumia 830 for 460 USD. What do you guys think? I was hoping there would be Nokia Lumia dual SIM with specs of Lumia 830, but since there isn't, I will no longer wait for proper dual SIM windows phone.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow that's a hard decision with the price difference. I just got an 830 I haven't even actually used yet, only set up over Wi-Fi because I was negligent to swap my sim *face palm*

My 928 was / is in somewhat rough shape so a new device is almost a requirement as the speaker for calls stops working sporadically but frequently.

Anyways the long and short from a 928, appreciating this a different device, is that 8.1 killed my battery quite a bit. The screen on the 928 is better, but essentially every other spec is an upgrade or equal to what I've got in the 928.

The 925 is a nice device though, I just couldn't find one to use in Canada when I was in the market.

Depending on how long you plan to keep it, the price difference would send me to the 925 just based on value and no substantial spec differences unless you have a really specific need of some sort.

Igor_BL

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, price difference is the main reason I am in dilemma. I don't like only 16 GB in 925, and the fact that I need additional shell for wireless charging, and with 830 I don't like nano SIM, because I plan on swapping SIM cards between 820, which I will keep, and 830 which would become my first phone, when traveling abroad (internet, WhatsApp account, Viber).

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
You should also consider the Lumia 730. It's dual sim and it has the same amount of features as the 830, just spread out differently. It has the same CPU, RAM, screen resolution, wireless charging and microSD slot. The screen is smaller but it's AMOLED. The camera is also only 6.7MP but the sensor is as big as the 830's, plus you get 1.9 aperture and a 5MP front cam.

It's also much cheaper at $199.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos