How to change comma to dot in numeric entry keyboard?

W

WPCentral Question

As I have Latvian regional settings, WP uses comma as decimal separator. The problem is, there's a lot of software that doesn't work correctly with comma as separator (MSN Health & Fitness is one example) and there is no way to input dot when software thinks that input field is numeric.
Is there any way to change WP to use dot as decimal separator without changing my regional settings?

Thanks!

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I also have only the comma available on the numeric keyboard (Germany), but Health & Fitness changes the comma entry into a dot after leaving the settings menu, so I don't have to worry.

kurmis

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, gerzhwin, after I changed Health & Fitness edition from United States (English) to Latvian, comma really started to work in it. Yet the question remains, as the problem remains in other software, e.g. Weight Diary.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You can copy a dot (e. g. from OneNote, Mail, Messages ...) and paste it into the entry box, but IMO it's the developer's duty: they should adapt their apps to the regional language settings, shouldn't they?

kurmis

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree to you about that it is software problem, that it doesn't accept comma as proper decimal separator. But sometimes it's easier to find some workaround than to expect developer of specific app to fix the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs