i head that there is a network and cal issue in l730 cell gets hang when dialing and ending the call. Did this issue got solved? anyone still facing this issue please reply me. I want to buy this device.
    10-20-2014 12:32 PM
    Dear all,
    What follows is an extract from a Nokia Support thread:
    Dear all,
    There maybe a way to alleviate the problem, at least temporarily. I am posting hereto an extract from Microsoft Answers where the problem is being discussed.
    Mr. Sameer Varma posted "Hello all....

Finally, I found a solution of this hanging issue.Microsoft engineers may have not thought this way, but... I am the first who fixed this problem. Just call your mobile service provider for manual APN settings. Put them manually. Turn wifi sense off and here u go."
    I attempted this solution and initially it didn't work. Subsequently, I did the following:
    1. Insert another sim to the second sim slot (until then I had been using only one sim) and restart about twice or thrice for the phone to properly identify the settings of the second sim.
    2. The phone prompted me to set up "smart dual sim" (which had not happened before as I have been only using one sim)- I made sure that "smart dual sim" was OFF.
    3. I opened sim settings of sim No. 2 and manually SWITCHED OFF that particular sim.
    4. I went to settings of Sim 1 and switched off 3G.
    5. Switched off phone and extracted Sim no. 2 which I didn't want.
    6. I had also set "data savings" in Explorer Settings to "Standard" and "data limit" (in Data Sense) to "none specified". Furthermore, I had switched off "automatically connect" under "known networks/connections" in the WiFi menu.

By now, I have got over 36 hours without incident. That's the longest period of undisturbed functionality my phone has had. Please note that I do Not know whether this will be a Permanent Solution.
    I will monitor my phone and update with my findings.
    I must thank Mr. Sameer Varma for his support and kind advice.
    I hope this would at least give us some temporary relief.
    Thank you"
    As far as I know, there are no network or call issues in any of the Lumia phones with the latest firmware updates. The issues could very well be with the cellular network which I have experienced multiple times.
    10-20-2014 11:50 PM
    My Lumia730 hangs and would not allow me to make a call not end a call. It keeps on showing ending... This happens 4 to 5 times a day and i need to reboot it to bring back to normal. Is this issue with the device? Please let me know what should be done. I am using this mobile from past 3 days and bugged up with this problem.
    10-30-2014 07:13 AM
    I'm having the same issue with my 730. Will tell the solution if found. btw, bsnl sim?
    11-02-2014 12:01 AM
    Yeah! I got the fix for the issue... U just need to tap on "manage" in Wi-Fi settings and then untick both of the options you get. One is something that says send info about wifi connections .. and other one is regarding operator wifi or something.. Since then, I have not received such issue on my phone. Do tell if this worked on your side also.
    11-03-2014 01:14 AM
    How many days happened since you did this and not having a prob??? coz this prob might come after 1 day as well
    11-03-2014 03:45 AM
    could be an issue with ur phone only. no call drops or hanging on mine.
    11-03-2014 04:59 AM
    disabling the wifi settings will not work. i had the same hang problem and i got replaced with new device and its working fine without any issues.

microsoft is researching the issue. they made call to my number and enquired about it.
    11-05-2014 12:04 PM
    Similar issue on call drop, Nokia asked me to change the SIM card, but no respite.
    Did not expect this from Nokia/Microsoft
    11-08-2014 01:00 AM
    I also have that problem... And when the phone is in that "state", if anyone calls me to any of the SIMs, it's impossible to establish the connection. Please, anyone help me. I've got both new SIM cards...
    11-18-2014 02:33 PM
    No problems on my L735. What services are turned on/off on your handset; that may help us identify the issue.
    11-18-2014 03:36 PM
    730 is dual SIM 735 is single SIM. There is a difference
    11-18-2014 03:48 PM
    I turned off wifi, 3g, data, intelligent dual sim, bluetooth.
    I turned on nfc, calls filter...
    Today this append more than 7 times, I have to restart the phone over and over...
    11-18-2014 08:39 PM
    Hello, I'm from Sri Lanka and I have the same problem. Since buying my L730 I have done innumerable soft/hard resets and posted on Nokia/Microsoft support sites -- all to no avail. Mr. Sameer Varma suggested on MS Answers to manually update APN settings and turning off WiFi sense, which didn't work for me. Have any of you found the solution to this? Are there any 730s that are free of this problem?
    Please do respond if you have a solution. I will re-attempt Mr. Varma's suggestion by letting an official from my service provider add my APN settings. But if any of you have any information regarding this problem, I'd be very grateful if you could share it on this thread.
    Thank you
    12-02-2014 05:20 AM
    Dear all,
    What follows is an extract from a Nokia Support thread:
    Dear all,
    There maybe a way to alleviate the problem, at least temporarily. I am posting hereto an extract from Microsoft Answers where the problem is being discussed.
    Mr. Sameer Varma posted "Hello all....

Finally, I found a solution of this hanging issue.Microsoft engineers may have not thought this way, but... I am the first who fixed this problem. Just call your mobile service provider for manual APN settings. Put them manually. Turn wifi sense off and here u go."
    I attempted this solution and initially it didn't work. Subsequently, I did the following:
    1. Insert another sim to the second sim slot (until then I had been using only one sim) and restart about twice or thrice for the phone to properly identify the settings of the second sim.
    2. The phone prompted me to set up "smart dual sim" (which had not happened before as I have been only using one sim)- I made sure that "smart dual sim" was OFF.
    3. I opened sim settings of sim No. 2 and manually SWITCHED OFF that particular sim.
    4. I went to settings of Sim 1 and switched off 3G.
    5. Switched off phone and extracted Sim no. 2 which I didn't want.
    6. I had also set "data savings" in Explorer Settings to "Standard" and "data limit" (in Data Sense) to "none specified". Furthermore, I had switched off "automatically connect" under "known networks/connections" in the WiFi menu.

By now, I have got over 36 hours without incident. That's the longest period of undisturbed functionality my phone has had. Please note that I do Not know whether this will be a Permanent Solution.
    I will monitor my phone and update with my findings.
    I must thank Mr. Sameer Varma for his support and kind advice.
    I hope this would at least give us some temporary relief.
    Thank you"
    12-05-2014 01:11 AM
    Yes. Me too faced the same problem and till facing. The handset frequently gets hanged and difficult to disconnect the call. Call drop becomes too high, however, it may be debated as nowadays call drop is so frequent and a common problem.
    09-15-2015 09:50 AM
    Still facing same problem.... Did you guys find any solution?
    12-25-2017 02:05 PM