Why have my local contacts in Windows phone 8 disappeared in Windows Phone 8.1?

Niekv

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Local Contacts in Windows phone 8 disappeared in Windows Phone 8.1

With the phone still on Windows Phone 8 I could import contacts from the SIM to the local memory of the phone. It wasn't possible to import them into an outlook or other account.

However with the update to Windows Phone 8.1 the contacts seem to have disappeared. Have these contacts been migrated to the Microsoft account? Problem is that I don't know the password of the Microsoft account and I am not sure I can recover this.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Local Contacts in Windows phone 8 disappeared in Windows Phone 8.1

I have to wonder how people keep forgetting such an important password. I mean it's the key to your entire phone.

This is what MS says about transfer from a SIM - Importing contacts from your old phone | Windows Phone How-to (United Kingdom)

They say they're not deleted so unless you deleted them after the import they should still be there. Try a different phone and see if they're still there.

They are a part of your MS account now too so if you can get your password I'd recommend that as your easiest method. If you're like most people, you probably didn't supply an alternative email address, which means, good luck with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven