Is Windows 10 technical preview professional?

Amaze Natures

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I want to upgrade my laptop to windows 10 technical preview. My laptop is windows 8.1 pro. I just worried about windows 10 preview is not pro. My laptop will become non pro.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

The technical preview is not an upgrade. Please be aware that you shouldn't treat it as a normal update in anyway. It's a preview for MS to collect information on the new OS and get feedback.

You should be doing a dual boot system or preferably a completely different machine to run it.

If you're unsure of what you are doing then it's best not to do it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re:

I agree. By the sound of what you are saying, you should give these early releases a miss.

I have nothing against these beta/previews and so on that MS releases but there's too many people thinking that it's an update and all is well. That's not what they're for, especially the technical preview. You just have to look at the W10 forum to get a hint of what can go wrong. If it's your only computer you could end up losing everything on it and things not working.

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

I've been working off the preview but I run it in a vm. Was impressed by the stability but the latest preview is less so (quite glitchy/ laggy). Remember that you wont be able to update it to the final release when its out...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianKlux