Suggestions for a new handset

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I have decided to upgrade my Lumia 625 with a new handset....this Christmas. the problem is I cant decide which handset should be best....i am a lilttle interested in photography....but don't want to go for 1020....as the display isn't quite big......so which device do you guys recomend , or should I wait for win 10 out if the box handset.....?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I have decided to upgrade my Lumia 625 with a new handset....this Christmas. the problem is I cant decide which handset should be best....i am a lilttle interested in photography....but don't want to go for 1020....as the display isn't quite big......so which device do you guys recomend , or should I wait for win 10 out if the box handset.....?

I was about to suggest the L1020 while reading your post, but since you want a larger screen, only the L1320 and L1520 seem to be your choices. Personally L1520 might be too big and there have been instances where the screen cracked just because of the torsion created while keeping the phone in the front pocket of one's jeans. But reviews on performance and handling have been positive for the majority. The L1320 on the other hand looks a bit light-hearted than the L1520, with a slightly smaller screen, rounded edges and a notch lower performance capabilities. I suggest that you go to a store where you can try and have a feel for these two phones; see if any of these two "feels right" for you. If neither does, then better to wait for a new release.:cool:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
830 would be perfect then. 10mp Pureview camera, 5" screen, and has every feature of a flagship device. Things like, rich recording, DD+5.1 surround sound, OIS, etc. Would be a nice phone for you, since it hits your requirements.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I would say the 1520. I have it and the 1080p screen is stunning with the 20 pixel camera. Plus the 6" screen is so lovely you will get used to it in days. I have it in a case and wear baggy combats and baggy jeans and it still fits in my pocket. Really perfect phone

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I would say the 1520. I have it and the 1080p screen is stunning with the 20 pixel camera. Plus the 6" screen is so lovely you will get used to it in days. I have it in a case and wear baggy combats and baggy jeans and it still fits in my pocket. Really perfect phone
The 930 also has 20 mp pureview..and i think 6inch will be too big fr me...and the price is a factor too...so if I have to go fr 1520...i would go fr 930....😉 and thanks fr ur suggestion buddy 😊

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was about to suggest the L1020 while reading your post, but since you want a larger screen, only the L1320 and L1520 seem to be your choices. Personally L1520 might be too big and there have been instances where the screen cracked just because of the torsion created while keeping the phone in the front pocket of one's jeans. But reviews on performance and handling have been positive for the majority. The L1320 on the other hand looks a bit light-hearted than the L1520, with a slightly smaller screen, rounded edges and a notch lower performance capabilities. I suggest that you go to a store where you can try and have a feel for these two phones; see if any of these two "feels right" for you. If neither does, then better to wait for a new release.:cool:

The 1320 has the same 5mp shooter as the 625...so I want something between 10mp and 20....so I think 830 930 are my choices....thanks fr reminding me the disadvantage of 1520....as most the the times I am wearing jeans..so its not the right handset fr me...and price too is a factor....so finally 830, 930....or waiting for the new microsoft Lumia...to be released....😝.....leaks will be out soon....so I have to stay tuned to Windows Central..😉

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1520 and love it, the camera is really good, it's a superb bit of kit, but I can see it's just too much for some people.

I was thinking of replacing my wife's 520 (To get a better camera and better all round phone) with a 735 but having studied the form a bit more I have upped that to the 830 and my lad is getting one next week.

If you don't need the full on 1520 or the 930, then the 830 is probably the way to go.

Bob

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1520 and love it, the camera is really good, it's a superb bit of kit, but I can see it's just too much for some people.

I was thinking of replacing my wife's 520 (To get a better camera and better all round phone) with a 735 but having studied the form a bit more I have upped that to the 830 and my lad is getting one next week.

If you don't need the full on 1520 or the 930, then the 830 is probably the way to go.

Bob
Yea...thats what I decided...Congos....to ur lad....😉 .....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99