Is the Verizon Nokia Icon worth keeping?

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Nokia Icon

I currently have a galaxy S4 ,and really want to try a Windows phone, so yesterday I ordered a Nokia Icon to try it out. I'm wondering if it's worth holding onto it if I like it because of the lack of update to 8.1, or is it just a matter of time before it gets it. I was thinking of getting a 930 to try on T-Mobile, but if it doesn't work to it full potential, whats tne point. I have 14 days to return the Icon. Thanks in advance!!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I would say yes. It's a great phone and it's not the phones problem that updates are so slow. When you get it, join the Preview for Developers group and upgrade it to 9.1. I would do this before I setup it up beyond putting the SIM card in. Once the update is done, you can give it a fair comparison and see how you like it. I had one and loved it. I moved to AT&T to get the 1520 because my eyes are bad and needed as much screen area as possible.

You have 14 days to evaluate it. If you don't like it, use the PFD program again to revert back to 8.0. Hopefully Verizon will have released the official update before you have to make a decision.

Good luck. Ask questions here, these people are really great in giving help.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I would say yes. It's a great phone and it's not the phones problem that updates are so slow. When you get it, join the Preview for Developers group and upgrade it to 9.1. I would do this before I setup it up beyond putting the SIM card in. Once the update is done, you can give it a fair comparison and see how you like it. I had one and loved it. I moved to AT&T to get the 1520 because my eyes are bad and needed as much screen area as possible.

You have 14 days to evaluate it. If you don't like it, use the PFD program again to revert back to 8.0. Hopefully Verizon will have released the official update before you have to make a decision.

Good luck. Ask questions here, these people are really great in giving help.

How'd you get Windows phone 9.1?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
To the OP, it depends. Did you use an upgrade to get it? If you paid full price for an Icon, I would say don't keep it. WP status is questionable right now. If you want, get a lower end phone like the 500 or 600 series and try it. If you got the icon used and didn't pay full price, it may be worth it to keep it and use it. We are not sure when, if ever, 8.1 official with cyan will come for the icon, but you can use developer preview 8.1

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nokia Icon

I'm new to this, so took a while to figure out signing in..lol.. I called Verizon yesterday to ask about my early termination fee, which is 200 dollars. I got 2 gigs extra to stay, which bumped it up to 8 gigs.anyway, if I joined the edge program, id get a 10 dollar discount, which I'd end up paying 6. I picked the Icon to try out.. maybe the edge problem is not the best thing to do,not sure.maybe I could get one on line, Amazon or something on a better deal. But I always liked Nokia phones.Getting tired of Google.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
yes! very much worth it. It's the right size, has plenty of power and with the development preview 8.1 is stable. I have had no lag or any problems. if you get it new you have a 1 year warranty with it.
battery life is all day and then some. better than my htc 8x,

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Nokia Icon

Well, I got the phone yesterday, so kinda feeling it out today. It has a much better layout than Google.Facebook is a couple of builds behind, but it seems ok. Beautiful phone. Nice design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss