Wondering if anyone has been able to try this or has heard about this.

For those wanting to try it, here's a simple Japanese sentences you can copy-paste and send to yourself:

これは簡単な日本語のテストです。
    (This is a simple Japanese Test).

Thanks!
    Jeffrey
    Shahin Shayandeh likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:16 PM
    Apparently it is not supporting unicode at the moment. I tested this on my friend's Band by sending him a text with Persian (Farsi) characters. Unfortunately the sentence showed up as squares.
    Apparently it is not supporting unicode at the moment. I tested this on my friend's Band by sending him a text with Persian (Farsi) characters. Unfortunately the sentence showed up as squares.
    11-04-2014 12:50 PM
    Thank you so much for trying. (I'm the original poster).

It's a shame to see so many new "smartbands" arriving at marking, and yet they can only display Latin characters.
    The Razer Nabu is "supposed" to support asian characters, though I wonder if it will ever make it to market.

Thank you again.

-- Jeffrey
    11-05-2014 11:20 PM
    I was about to ask the same question. I communicate with Chinese people and I need to be able to see notifications on the watch in Chinese. This is very sad! So many people who use only English don't realize that Unicode support is absolutely critical not only for international sales but also for the scores of people who live in the US and just happen to have international friends, family, or business connections.

Also, my Lumia phone is in Japanese, and even though I set the country to the US, I can't log in to Microsoft Health. I'm not going to risk buying the Band until I know it works with other languages. I study language so I can be a language teacher, so this is a bummer for me. I really wanted the Band. Maybe a software fix will do. Microsoft, please do not neglect your customers' needs to communicate on a device intended for communication!!

ジェフリー
    11-06-2014 10:19 AM