What's the big deal for glance?

crisdiaz01

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that some people couldn't live without glance. I don't see the usefulness in it. It drains a bit more battery, when a simply press to the power button will suffice. What do you guys think?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's one of those things you'll never quite understand until you've had it. Some of us are used to it. I know I am; I've had Glance on all three of my latest Windows Phones.. the 920, 1020, and now my 1520. To get a new phone without it would just seem too much like a "downgrade".

I know it seems simple to just push a button (or double tap the screen!), but Glance users are spoiled... it's really useful and handy to be able to pull your phone out of your pocket and have your info (notifications, weather, time, etc) already on the screen. Or to have the phone laying on the table/desk, and bring up the Glance screen without even touching the phone, but by only waving your hand over the proximity sensor.

Michael Tillman

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I love using it as a nightstand ****. I know i could just buy a clock but the convenience of having the time and other useful notifications next to me in the middle of the night is awesome. Having said that I'm still going to get the HTC M8 for TMOBILE next Sunday with the dot case which is a similar function. If they carried the 830 I'd get it just for that glance feature but I'm just happy TMOBILE is getting the HTC. I guess I'll wait for a high end Lumia on Windows ten in half a year to once again have glance!

andrygun

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Just like Android phones with led notification. Without it, you have to turn on the device to see your notification, which is.... draining your energy :evil:

Anyway, yes.. I like glance, and probably will feel weird if it's not there

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
it's like any other feature, like FFC, flash, capacitive buttons, dedicated camera button, screen size or type etc etc etc. There's always some things you don't want to give up on and some things you just don't care about. Users are very different from each other you know

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Just like Android phones with led notification. Without it, you have to turn on the device to see your notification, which is.... draining your energy :evil:

Anyway, yes.. I like glance, and probably will feel weird if it's not there

Led Notification drain much less battery than Power hungry Glance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo