Will Microsoft bring back all the features it took out of Bing Vision?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Bing Vision

Will Microsoft bring back all the features it has stripped out of Bing Vision (scanning the 1-D barcodes [old ones, not QR], scanning and recognizing covers of books, videos/DVD's, CD's, etc.) Also will they give is an option to tap on Cortana's "Eye" so that it will start up Bing Vision?

I am hoping that Microsoft hasn't forgotten to add these back in as this is what set their searches apart from the competitors at one time. I prefer built-in, native scanning through Bing Vision over installing an app. I hope users will add this to the user-voice site, or just harp on Microsoft to bring it back.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I would love to see them bring this back as I'm sure many others do as well, however there is no way to know. They have not officially said what they are doing with Bing Vision and Cortana. The feature is still hidden in the lenses, I have and app called "QR For Cortana" installed that takes me straight to the lenses screen where I can choose Bing Vision.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/qr-for-cortana/3517e8f0-33c6-4c4c-a293-14fd08722364

Well, there's another app that adds a tile which takes you straight to Bing Vision (no need to go through lenses).
Check out "Tile for Bing Vision" for Windows Phone www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=05894022-e18c-40a4-a6cc-992383aa7ee8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss