Should I get the Lumia 930/830 or wait for next flagship?

Saiyan147

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930/830 or wait for next flagship

I have the opportunity to get myself a new phone this fall (currently still have a symbian C7-00 for 5 years now) , i really like the 930, the 1520 is abit too large but not out of the question.

Recently the 830 was released, now this has Glance, which i have seen can act as the "notification light" as there is none on lumia devices, and battery is removable as well as the micro sd card, for whatever reason microsoft chose to not put in the 930.

I am really undecided on what device to get, i do want something worthwhile, as my c7 lasted and still going for a solid 5 years. (haven't had any problems or screen scratches so far) .

Or should i rather wait for the next round of phones from Microsoft ?

My symbian C7-00 is epic but i think its time to "level-up" and join the Lumia experience

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 930/830 or wait for next flagship

It depends... if you care about specs go for the 930, if you don't care that much about powerful hardware, the 830 would be very fine. If you can get past the lack of Glance and the micro SD slot, the L930 is much better than the 830 and the price of those phone are quite close one to another.

Saiyan147

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Is glance really that useful? like i'm sure i can live without it. I'm more concerned about not having a notification light, as i've never had a lumia, i'm not sure how one sees that they've got a whatsapp msg or a new email ...etc.

i read forums that Cortana will have new features that work only with the processors in the 930/1520. 32GB is more than enough, not much of a hassle to copy pictures to my pc if it gets full. But will 32GB be enough for future lumia updates, or do these not use so much storage space?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Is glance really that useful? like i'm sure i can live without it. I'm more concerned about not having a notification light, as i've never had a lumia, i'm not sure how one sees that they've got a whatsapp msg or a new email ...etc.

i read forums that Cortana will have new features that work only with the processors in the 930/1520. 32GB is more than enough, not much of a hassle to copy pictures to my pc if it gets full. But will 32GB be enough for future lumia updates, or do these not use so much storage space?
Glance is pretty cool actually. The way it works is you wave your hand over the sensor by the FFC and the Glance screen comes on. You can pick and choose which notifications show up on it. So without having to unlock your phone, you can read a text message, check the time and other notifications.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

You could play the waiting game forever. I've just replaced my Note 3 with a 930. Could not be more pleased. Love the phone and w8.1

Getting a 'just released' handset is not always a good idea... Bugs and firmware updates usually follow quickly. No phone is ever going to be perfect or have every feature or app you want. Get the 930, you wont be disappointed.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I have the opportunity to get myself a new phone this fall (currently still have a symbian C7-00 for 5 years now) , i really like the 930, the 1520 is abit too large but not out of the question.

Recently the 830 was released, now this has Glance, which i have seen can act as the "notification light" as there is none on lumia devices, and battery is removable as well as the micro sd card, for whatever reason microsoft chose to not put in the 930.

I am really undecided on what device to get, i do want something worthwhile, as my c7 lasted and still going for a solid 5 years. (haven't had any problems or screen scratches so far) .

Or should i rather wait for the next round of phones from Microsoft ?

My symbian C7-00 is epic but i think its time to "level-up" and join the Lumia experience

Wait for a W10 Lumia. Coming from Nokia 808, disappointed in multitasking and app loading performance. W10 will most likely address these issues, and a W10 Lumia will receive better support from Microsoft.

You only have to wait a little while longer to 'level-up' ;)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Just get the 1520! It has the same specs as the 930 including the awesome 20MP Pureview camera, plus you get Glance screen AND SD card storage. It's a complete package! I love mine!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05