Why cant Microsoft make windows phone on top?

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
First I apologize for my English I'm not a native English speaker. Second my day to day phone is windows phone in short its my favourite.

Why did Microsoft created a great idea( windows phone) but it seems like they are not giving their full potential to it? for example. windows phone was made years ago but the OS doesn't change that much. WP8 is the first OS i used and I want to be honest with you guys windows OS really sucks, its really slow compare to other Os(personal experiences). And the IE, its okay, it works but its not good, definitely not great. Some of the sites i'm visiting doesnt even work well especially websites that has swipe left/right to scroll picture e.g. windowscentral.com. i used both my ios and android device so i know, my android works well and ios is fantastic. The ios has swipe to back feature in its internet browser and it works great its so solid to use but why did Microsoft didnt make the IE works like ios and android browsers and why cant they make the os more customizable like android or even better. I hate it when they can make better app for other os and they always say like "its for the sake of the company" "we have to share it, sharing is caring" " we make love not hate" but they cant make their own product better for their own people. And why are most windows phone doesnt have that solid feel to it, why are they always making a cheap product, what about those people who wants the luxury of iphone has to offer. Im not being biased but isnt that a riff off if you buy an expensive phone but it doesnt have that kind of quality e.g. lumia phones, which mostly made out of plastic.

Wake up Microsoft, its us who loves and praises you not them, why cant you see our complaints, why cant you make our phone the best. why cant you pleased us like what google and apple did with their fanboys.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Long story short... if you are concerned about swipe on IE, I see it works good on my 630 (WP 8.1 Update 1 and on Cyan). if I am on a page and then if I click a link to go to next, now if I have to go back to old page, simple swipe from left to right or right to left works for back and forward. Also you said you joined from WP 8, so you have not seen much changes, but there are good improvements since WP7 days....IMO better than I have seen from first iPhone I had.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft don't make the apps, App developers do. If you badly want apps on Windows Phone, or are unhappy with the versions supplied, then tell the developers directly (the big ones have their own forums). Without being told, they don't know there's a demand. If enough people ask, they will supply.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The problem is the MS doesn't know how to beat the competition. Unlike desktop technologies, in the mobile world MS can't 'embrace, extend, and extinguish.' So it is left floundering. It's not just the mobile world, it's tablets, too.

As for IE... well, previously Microsoft tried to "embrace and extend" the internet by creating technologies for IE that nobody wanted/needed. Until MS removed all this junk from IE, IE will always be a dog. MS has to create a browser that adheres to ALL web standards and nothing more.

And MS must realise that Windows Phone shouldn't be a used as a way to entice people into the Windows eco-system. Windows on the desktop is tarnished and increasingly irrelevant to consumers.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
my point is why are they always so late? i mean if you compare it to android or some on ios, the android has the action center for years im not sure about the ios. and the other thing the UI is i believe hasnt changed that much from the beginning of the WP( not sure), its already 2015 and it still has the old UI from wp8 that i used which sucks. I think the wp8.1 isnt actually a huge improvement from the wp8 it still sucks, as i said the UI is slow, its not really exciting to use and if you came from android you'll be disappointed.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
yes they do, as long as i remember IE is an app and its a shame they are a huge company they cant make the IE works better. And if youre familiar with Rudy Huyn he makes really great apps and they are not that big if you compare to microsoft, shame right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney