I think Microsoft should buy Google, what do you say?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Google isn't bigger.

Yeah I guess not in terms of number of employees. They are closer financially than I thought, with MS being bigger in some ways.

Still, Google seems better positioned at the moment, particularly if you look at Android v WP, Google v Bing, etc. Google are pretty dominant in other areas like Youtube, Earth and all the stuff they are doing with Google Glass, driverless cars and so on. They seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies. It might change though, and personally I don't like Google as a company at all and don't use any of their products other than the occasional Youtube video someone might send me.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I guess not in terms of number of employees. They are closer financially than I thought, with MS being bigger in some ways.

Still, Google seems better positioned at the moment, particularly if you look at Android v WP, Google v Bing, etc. Google are pretty dominant in other areas like Youtube, Earth and all the stuff they are doing with Google Glass, driverless cars and so on. They seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies. It might change though, and personally I don't like Google as a company at all and don't use any of their products other than the occasional Youtube video someone might send me.
Don't forget it also comes down to equitable worth (how much money they have in hand and how much of their worth is in things that can be sold not just on things they own). Ms has a lot of their money coming In from enterprise. That's money that's not tied to devices but software and a dependable income.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Also, no offense but google could not replace the coding ability of MS. They would have to be able to maintain ms's employees as well. Plus it wouldn't make sense. Google's whole monetary focus is using its services to get money from advertising (which is a completely retail customer focus) while ms makes money by selling its software to enterprise (the grand majority of their money). Besides the lack of trust of their motivations from enterprise it would turn google into a split personality of sorts. Really bad idea.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Why in the hell would they? To duplicate all their services? MS already outclasses Google in everything except search and mobile phone OS.

Not to mention that the big 3, Apple, Google, and Microsoft are all too big to buy each other.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
And for Ms it would be a waste of money. They would never be happy with the buggy mess that is androids phone os. It has good features true, but they would buy it and then try to fix it for what? It wouldn't help enterprise In the least bit. The only value google would hold to ms would be their search algorithms.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They don't have the money to buy Google. Google's value and theirs are about the same from the figures I have seen.

That's never stopped a company. Typically you just get investors to back the deal and make it happen. Of course with companies this size there aren't so many investment groups to go to..

WillGrey

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea that Microsoft isn't that big anymore, actually. It used to be the biggest player in the market, but now there would be many who would argue that it's lagging behind Google and Apple. I like that. It gives me the feeling that I'm supporting the underdog, and that I'm on neither side of the super aggressive iOS vs Android ****** war. Buying Google (even if it were practically possible) would kinda ruin this whole cool middle ground vibe that they seem to have right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99