It pulled away youtube app away from windows phone store.
    11-03-2014 10:05 PM
    It's a power play/control issue is all. Not smart in the long run, but right now Google is big enough to pull this crap. Eventually it will catch up to them.
    ESWAR-p and jmshub like this.
    11-03-2014 10:08 PM
    Well the "Scroogled" campaign certainly didn't help any co-operative relationship that Microsoft had with Google.
    That was one of the worst moves MS ever made in my opinion.
    11-03-2014 10:28 PM
    Microsoft is following good strategy by making office for all the android users and apple users.
    Last edited by ESWAR-p; 11-04-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    11-04-2014 12:15 AM
    Do you think Microsoft or some one else can file a suit against google for acting in this way against their users.
    No. I take that back, they can but it would be laughed out of court and a great waste of time./money.
    11-04-2014 12:35 AM
    Google (and Apple) competes in the market place through exclusivity. Either use their services on their devices, or pound sand.

Microsoft is competing by availability. Use any of their services on any device.

One of these strategies is very consumer friendly, the other is anti consumer. In time, more and more users will realize that they don't like their options being artificially limited, and policies will change.

Until then, use metrotube.
    jmshub likes this.
    11-04-2014 12:43 AM
    No-one can force them to support a smartphone platform. I wonder if it started when Microsoft released WP7 and you could only have Bing on the search button. Not that Google is any better with Android, but still. Until Microsoft gets enough market share to make Google notice and have users demand apps from Google, its not going to happen.
    11-04-2014 12:46 AM
    Well the "Scroogled" campaign certainly didn't help any co-operative relationship that Microsoft had with Google.
    Very true.
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-04-2014 03:05 PM

They don't seem to have a problem supporting the Xbox consoles. And I doubt any increase in wp marketshare will change anything because they simply don't want to.
    11-04-2014 03:09 PM
    Its definitely not a right move, IMO. I still wonder why Microsoft offers its services on Android devices!
    If Google can play unfair to MS then MS should do the same. MS should pull off Office/Skype and other MS services from Android and make it WP exclusive. And if Google needs those, let them develop their own third party apps for MS apps.

But, who cares :-D
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-04-2014 03:14 PM