Can I download OK Google to my Nokia Lumia 520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Downloading ok google to Nokia lumia 520 phone

Can I download ok google to my 520?

If it is necessary to download windows to obtain this service 8.1 will I retain all my existing data?

Are there any other issues I need to bear in mind?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Downloading ok google to Nokia lumia 520 phone

Can I download ok google to my 520?

If it is necessary to download windows to obtain this service 8.1 will I retain all my existing data?

You can retain all your data if updating to Windows Phone 8.1 with an Over the Air update from your carrier...

OK Google is a phrase used to activate Google Now assistant on "always listening" equipped Android devices. You can not get Google Now onto a 520...

W

Windows Central Question

Can I download ok google to my lumia 520 phone?

If I need to download windows 8.1 will I retain all my data?

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
re: Downloading ok google to Nokia lumia 520 phone

That feature is called Google Now. It's only available on Google platforms and as an app on other platforms.
Unfortunately Google has not been kind enough to make any of their important apps let alone the Google Now.

Though if you have Windows Phone 8.1, then you can switch to USA region in your settings. And you can get Cortana.
Cortana is the Virtual Assistance on our platform.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: Downloading ok google to Nokia lumia 520 phone

Nope nope, I got it wrong I guess.
He wants to get the ok google service or whatever, which is in android devices.
To the OP, we have a better and more usable version of ok google, called Cortana. If you changes ur phone region to either US, UK, China, Canada, India, or Australia, you will get it. I'd suggest to be safe and set everything in ur phone to US, as the US version gets features first.
In brief, Cortana is your personal assistant like ok google, but with more flexibility and integration with apps (I.e. U can Skype someone or make a location based reminder using Cortana). It is constantly being updated as it is in beta, but don't underestimate it. I got two friends who are Xbox players to join WP since I said WP has Cortana (its also the name of a character in the Halo game series).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077