My Lumia 1520 heats up in the top left corner, what should I do ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

my lumia 1520 heats up in the top left corner, what should i do ?

Whenever I use my phone for gaming or use the camera the phone gets heated up in the top left corner and battery flows away as water what should I do ?

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: my lumia 1520 heats up in the top left corner, what should i do ?

Throw it away and buy another one! Lol!
Anyway, on a second thought, it may be that you have to endure it as a normal process of a semi-conductor. Better still, put it in the garbage.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

Whenever I use my phone for gaming or use the camera the phone gets heated up in the top left corner and battery flows away as water what should I do ?

Whenever you use a phone for heavy gaming or the camera it will ALWAYS heat up - iPhones get warm doing timelapses, and my 1020 gets really warm around the camera module when I play Pako (great game by the way). If you think it shouldn't be as hot as it's getting, try a soft reset (hold power+ volume down), otherwise I'd say it's normal

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This is normal operation for any smartphone.

Gaming is the most taxing thing you can do. Game plugged in to wall charger of at least 2A output to preserve battery.

An approximately 25 minute 1080/30 video brought me below 50% battery level and heated up my 1520. Once again, normal operation. No chance my previous phones, iPhone 4s (not capable) and Galaxy S3 could have completed the task successfully.

My suggestion is employ daily battery saving measures. Check your Battery Level app for apps running in the background. Change email account sync settings to once daily/manual. Shut off Location, Bluetooth, WiFi/Cellular when not necessary (i.e. taking video and some games), Nokia/Microsoft feedback options, and Camera auto upload (be sure to switch back on to maintain OneDrive bonus).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Phones heat up...

However, if you then see a rapid battery loss at the same time (above what's expected from heavy use) you may have another issue. Use Battery to observe discharge rates when this happens and if it is above 20% per hour you might consider a warranty replacement if that is available to you...

That being said, there should be an automatic shutdown if your CPU core gets too hot and if that hasn't happened you have not reached the danger zone. I will say my 1520.3 gets hotter on occasion than most other phones I've used. It's kind of a known thing for the model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro