Recently I had problems and malfunctioning with WhatsApp so I deleted it .. When I was installing it, it kept giving problems and "attention required" notifications .. Nothing helped me but a factory reset .. It went well actually and everything was back to normal except that I hade the same problem with photomath app .. But I'm not going to do a factory reset again .. And yesterday I had the same problems with WhatsApp again .. Uninstalled .. And now while installing I have the same problem .. By the way it gave me this error code "80073cf6" .. Am I the only one with this problem ??
    11-05-2014 05:07 AM
    I found a thread that mentioned turning Data Sense off, so you can give that a try. If that doesn't work I think you have to look at a more drastic solution as no other threads were answered when it came to this issue.

Personally I think you have a corrupt OS/firmware installation.

If you have access to a PC with internet access you should use the Nokia Recovery Tool.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

Be sure to backup what you can before using this.
    hisham691 likes this.
    11-05-2014 05:27 AM
    Actually I don't use data sens so I'll pass this .. I'll try the recovery tool since there is no other answer :\ thanks by the way
    11-05-2014 10:35 AM
    I too faced this issue yesterday. I tried to download two apps - Youtube to SD and PhotosPRO. Both were failed with above error as mentioned by OP. I was downloading on WIFI and I have unlimited data plan, so it has nothing to do with datasense as I keep it turned off.
    I was able to download other apps, so I believe issue is with the app metadata. I tried a soft reset, but no help. It has nothing to do with corrupt firmware/OS too. If it was, then I would have not been able to download other apps. App Developers need to solve that issue and republish, I believe.

OP - You may try a soft reset instead of factory reset. Also, check if the outlook account that store uses is in sync.
    11-05-2014 10:56 AM
    Actually I think it's a corrupted OS, I used the software recovery tool and downloaded the latest OS version and that solved my problem
    11-11-2014 07:30 AM
    The latest DP gave me the same error - can't install Files, CCPlayer, Translator etc. MS should really look into this.
    12-06-2014 06:13 PM