How do I move my contacts from my phone to a sim?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Move contacts from phone to sim

I have a Nokia 635 and I need to move my contacts from my phone to my sim but I can not find how to do this?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Move contacts from phone to sim

Let me correct that statement. There are some phones that allow this.

Check People -> ... -> Settings -> Export to SIM

If you're one of the unlucky ones then you have to use the Contacts backup in Outlook.com

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
2002 is calling, they want their contact management back. You have a smart phone, with internet access, save them to your email provider of choice, and they were be where ever you are.

Here's a scenario. My sister in law created a new outlook account when she bought a windows phone to use on the phone. Naturally that's where all her contacts are saved. One sad day she bricks her phone. Nokia Software Recovery done. Time to set her phone up. I know her password. She knows her password. What she doesn't remember is her USERNAME! I never bothered to find out before because I assumed she'd know. If only her contacts were saved on her sim.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's a scenario. My sister in law created a new outlook account when she bought a windows phone to use on the phone. Naturally that's where all her contacts are saved. One sad day she bricks her phone. Nokia Software Recovery done. Time to set her phone up. I know her password. She knows her password. What she doesn't remember is her USERNAME! I never bothered to find out before because I assumed she'd know. If only her contacts were saved on her sim.

Did she ever email anyone with that account? That would be the easiest way to get the username.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone has great internet access...

May not be great, but if you have a windows phone, you have enough internet access to sync your contacts. I don't see where in 2014 on an internet connected phone how this should ever be a need. If you have access to this phone, you are in at least a modernized country with 3g internet on your phone. Contact sync is kb's of data. It would be like someone saying "why does it store on my sim, I lost it when I moved it between phones, and now I lost all my contacts!" everyone would ask why it wasn't synced with an online account. Basic backups of user data IMHO, it just seems like going backwards to not do it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyD97 View Post

She should have changed her default contacts save to her primary email, it doesn't have to be outlook.com, it could have been gmail or yahoo or what ever she is using. Sucks she can't remember her user name, start throwing usernames at outlook.com and see if you can log into one!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Also you can export your contacts from the lynced email address in a standardized file, then load it onto your next phone or whatever. My card reader has a SIM slot comes in handy. Especially if you want to transfer them to a no smart phone or easily to another email.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb