How do I find backed up apps and other phone contents?

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
finding backed up apps and other phone contents

hi!
the current 8.1 OS of my 620 has an option to back up texts and apps (including game scores) to the 'cloud'
ive backed up these prior to hitting the reset button of my phone and afterwards, ive lost all of my installed apps

ive checked the official windowsphone website using my MS login details
under the purchase history of the windows store, my previously downloaded apps/history is there, but all it says is 'reinstall'
i tried to reinstall one, but ive lost my game data scores, a contradiction to what my backup phone settings says

also, i have a saved word doc locally stored in the phone (not on my SD card), ive lost that too
i thought i would also be 'backed up' (?)

and now, theres a twitter app installed in my app hub, but i cant seem to uninstall it
when i open it, it says error and gives me the option to uninstall it, but when i do, nothings happening

PS: when i reset my phone, i gave me back the old lumia/nokia creative studio looks, minus the color pop and collage option tho...

PLEASE HELP! thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: finding backed up apps and other phone contents

This may help you some - Learn about Windows Phone backup | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

For apps to backup scores, etc the developer needs to turn that on in the app, some apps have their own backup systems. So if these are not there then they don't get backed up.

As for Office docs, you need to back that up yourself to OneDrive. I don't know why it's not set up automatically either.

You can try a soft reset to see if it resolves that app issue.

Last edited:

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

thanks!

yes, i already read/aware on all of those stuff
what i really want to know is where is this 'cloud' microsoft is speaking about(?)
ive checked the windowsphone and onedrive websites and i cant seem to find where all of my stuff went

could it possibly be this feature is limited/available on certain devices only(?)
because ive noticed that my SMS text shortcuts ive created and website favorites are still there when i backed up prior to doing a hard reset but my screen setting and everything else is back to zero

what about this twitter app installed in my app-hub? thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The backups are on OneDrive, it mentions it in the link I provided where they're kept.

Contacts and SMS are part of your MS account and are backed up to Outlook.com

Prior to doing the hard reset did you force a backup by pressing 'back up now' when in a section?

As for that weird app, did you try the soft reset like I mentioned then try to remove it?

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

thanks!
yes, ive checked my onedrive/skydrive account, each every folder i created, but sadly i didnt see anything

by the way, the reset i did was not key combos, i used the reset option/button that can be seen in the 'About' section of my phone's settings

one last thing, how do i do a soft reset?

thanks for the help N_Larue, really appreciate it

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is the easiest way to hard reset your phone. But you need to force a backup if you want your latest settings backed up.

When you want to view your backups you do it from a PC at the OneDrive website - https://onedrive.live.com/

Then you go - Settings > Options > Device settings

Settings is the little cog wheel in the top right of the screen next to the profile picture. Devices settings shows up on the left when you're in the Options section.

Soft reset -> Hold volume down and power button together until the phone vibrates. Phone will restart, no data is lost.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss