What Happens When You Plug in Windows Phones to PC?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm a Blackberry user thinking of switching to another platform. One of the things I cannot live without is that when I plug in my BB to my pc, it automatically mounts as a drive on my computer. This makes it fast and easy to transfer files to/from my phone. I'm a service engineer, and it is important to me for times when I'm without Wifi and I need to download a file to load on my laptop.

Can someone explain to me how easy/difficult it is to access files on a Windows Phone when plugged in to a PC?

Thank you

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
The same is the case with a Windows Phone. The phone is shown as a drive in Explorer. You can copy/paste/move or do anything you want to do with your phone and its files. Hope this helps. :)
P.S. Email attachments are an exception. The default email client stores the email attachments within the email client in an inaccessible part of the OS. You can use other clients from the store which have better email attachment management.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
As far as I am aware, if you save attachments, download stuff off the internet, it allows you to pick where to save it? For instance if I download something from OneDrive, it will open up the files app, and ask for a location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss