I'm a Blackberry user thinking of switching to another platform. One of the things I cannot live without is that when I plug in my BB to my pc, it automatically mounts as a drive on my computer. This makes it fast and easy to transfer files to/from my phone. I'm a service engineer, and it is important to me for times when I'm without Wifi and I need to download a file to load on my laptop.

Can someone explain to me how easy/difficult it is to access files on a Windows Phone when plugged in to a PC?

Thank you
    11-06-2014 03:54 PM
    The same is the case with a Windows Phone. The phone is shown as a drive in Explorer. You can copy/paste/move or do anything you want to do with your phone and its files. Hope this helps. :)
    P.S. Email attachments are an exception. The default email client stores the email attachments within the email client in an inaccessible part of the OS. You can use other clients from the store which have better email attachment management.
    11-06-2014 04:08 PM
    ^^^ agreed with above^^^
    11-06-2014 04:11 PM
    As far as the email attachment... Can you just save the attachment to a location on the phone and access the file from there?
    11-06-2014 04:50 PM
    As far as I am aware, if you save attachments, download stuff off the internet, it allows you to pick where to save it? For instance if I download something from OneDrive, it will open up the files app, and ask for a location.
    11-06-2014 04:58 PM