Price drop for the Lumia 1520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Given that the HTC One M8 for Windows releases tomorrow (11/7)(and as an aside, I can't believe that I can't find anywhere that is soing pre-orders for it), and that the Lumia 1520 has been out for ~year already...will there be a price drop on the Lumia 1520?

It is time that I updgrade my 920 and while some of the specs of the HTC One M8 are interesting, I am still leaning towards the 1520. I could hold out for another couple of weeks and hope to take advantage of some Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals...but I have a hard time believing that the price won't drop with a new "flagship" device being released...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Off contract, you can find BNIB 1520.3 for right around $500 USD. Not a bad price for such a beast of a phone. It's priced less than the 930 or the One (M8) from 3rd party sellers.

What AT&T will do with their stock of 1520s is a tough guess for me to make.

David Sharrah

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have seen that the price of unlocked phones has been coming down recently...but I haven't seen anywhere but ATT that has the green 1520...don't know why I am so drawn to that color, but it is the color that I want. Now if you are telling me that I can find the 1520.3 in green - I would consider it.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat also. I'm also hoping that black Friday/ cyber Monday will bring a price drop for the 1520. I also want the green color. I would have loved to see the 1520 in cyan. I keep debating over this and either a note 3 or 4, but I'm still leaning toward the 1520.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope... Or at least I could not find a Green one. It is a stunning look, I agree. I think it's an AT&T exclusive color though.

​I'm on T-MoUS, so the Yellow .3 works for me. I'd of taken Green in a second though.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I love that green myself. Unfortunately, it's exclusive to at&t, so no green unicorn.

I wanted a yellow one, but even that is now backordered until thanksgiving on b&h photo, so I gave up and am typing this message from my black 1520.3.

David Sharrah

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well...just checked ATT's site...they have the Lumia 830 and HTC One M8 for Windows for sale...but still have the Lumia 1520 listed as $199 for 2 year contract (which just happens to be the same price for the One M8). Hard to believe that they didn't drop the price. At least I can get the green 1520 through Amazon or Microsoft Store for $99 for 2 year contract...

But I might try to wait a few weeks to see if it goes on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss