Are you expecting Microsoft's new phone to be mid range phone.

ESWAR-p

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
It's going to be horrible if its a mid range phone because there is Lumia 730 already and now if its crowded it will just become like Samsung.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Although I hope for a high end flagship released on all carriers, reality tells me that it's probably going to be a mid range phone released only in the US and only on AT&T for the first six months. lol
:p

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What new phone are you referring to? ​I don't believe anything will be announced until Spring 2015...

I'm in a wait and see mode. Not expecting anything. It's a whole new ballgame coming. Nokia as a hardware entity is/was getting phased out. Think more tabula rasa.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
What new phone are you referring to? ​I don't believe anything will be announced until Spring 2015...

I'm in a wait and see mode. Not expecting anything. It's a whole new ballgame coming. Nokia as a hardware entity is/was getting phased out. Think more tabula rasa.
They're announcing a new phone on 11/11/2014.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Well we've already seen the leaked images of the RM-1090 Dual-SIM RM-1090 breaks cover at China's TENAA sporting Microsoft branding | Windows Central.

rm-1090-tenaa_0.jpg

The teaser picture from Microsoft is even the same colour!

microsoft_mov14_teaser.jpg

So I'm not going to raise my expectation of a flagship. I expect it will be another large screen, affordable mid-range device with possibly a larger emphasis on the front-facing camera since the L830's FFC is a low spec 0.9MP. Maybe it'll be a natural successor to the L1320?

Last edited:

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Who is MS really catering to? It's the US market they want to improve upon and yet still have on "horse blinders" when it comes to the mere fact that the US market is one that's completely focused on the next big thing = faster chipset, better screen resolution, more storage, better battery life, ip58/67/68 compliant, decent screen size for one-handed usage, better OS experience = better app quality. Makes no sense announcing W10/WP10 and release a mid-range to low-end phone thinking people who're actually interested wants a step down. You want to improve market share in the US release quality devices that consumers will actually want to own awaiting all the updates/upgrades to the WP8.1 OS until WP10 is released.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Who is MS really catering to? It's the US market they want to improve upon and yet still have on "horse blinders" when it comes to the mere fact that the US market is one that's completely focused on the next big thing = faster chipset, better screen resolution, more storage, better battery life, ip58/67/68 compliant, decent screen size for one-handed usage, better OS experience = better app quality. Makes no sense announcing W10/WP10 and release a mid-range to low-end phone thinking people who're actually interested wants a step down. You want to improve market share in the US release quality devices that consumers will actually want to own awaiting all the updates/upgrades to the WP8.1 OS until WP10 is released.

Yeah that is strange when you think about it, the US is more about high-end phones then low / middle end phones and yet Microsoft always uses the USA as a test market for their products with a few exceptions like the 630 for example.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought this is a mid range phone launching exclusively in China. Didn't wc, engadget and bgr already confirm this?

Either way this won't be a flagship - there won't be one announced until April 2015, when windows 10 goes live.

I would love to be proven wrong. Don't think I will be.

Shame as so many are waiting for a proper flagship - though my 1520 is solid - but then the flagships sell only a fraction of the low end so I understand why they're not a priority.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Shame as so many are waiting for a proper flagship - though my 1520 is solid - but then the flagships sell only a fraction of the low end so I understand why they're not a priority.
Microsoft should start selling unlocked unbranded phones unlocked, especially the newer models. They should also provide financing options with tie ups similar to what Apple does with Barclays, or equivalent to the next plan on ATT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos