Cant share internet

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
it shows connected but not opening any webbpeges say im not having internet i tried on twoo different pcs but nothing happens

I see. In my experience it usually takes at least 30 seconds for internet connection to be established through "Internet Sharing". However, waiting is the easy part.

Make sure that your phone has data connection in the first place. Can you access web pages or perform internet searches in your phone? Depending on your service provider, the connection that you have should be at least an "H+" or 3.5G for "Internet Sharing" to be fully appreciated (seen at the upper left of your phone). "4G" or "LTE" is even better.

In my country, "H" does not have reliable internet connection. Here, the hierarchy of the quality of phone connections is of my service provider is (from least to greatest and as it appears on the upper left of the phone): G, E, 3G, H, H+, 4G.

cricket79

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I see. In my experience it usually takes at least 30 seconds for internet connection to be established through "Internet Sharing". However, waiting is the easy part.

Make sure that your phone has data connection in the first place. Can you access web pages or perform internet searches in your phone? Depending on your service provider, the connection that you have should be at least an "H+" or 3.5G for "Internet Sharing" to be fully appreciated (seen at the upper left of your phone). "4G" or "LTE" is even better.

In my country, "H" does not have reliable internet connection. Here, the hierarchy of the quality of phone connections is of my service provider is (from least to greatest and as it appears on the upper left of the phone): G, E, 3G, H, H+, 4G.
yes i know about that or could it possibly be that something went wrong with the phone itself then i reinstalled the official cyan? I was on pfd before but had some problems so i used nokia recovery and installed official cyan

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
yes i know about that or could it possibly be that something went wrong with the phone itself then i reinstalled the official cyan? I was on pfd before but had some problems so i used nokia recovery and installed official cyan

I'm also on PFD, but I haven't experienced that issue in Internet Sharing... at least not yet.

So now you're on the Official Cyan not under PFD, right? and you're still experiencing the issue?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
BTW, have you tried deleting the phone connection in your PC, changing your phone broadcast name, and then re-detecting your phone with the new broadcast name? I think this worked for me before when I encountered the same problem - I just remember this one now. Let us know if this works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes