How can I delete other files in Lumia 720?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

How to delete other files in Lumia 720

My phone memory has been consumed by "Other".

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to delete other files in Lumia 720

A couple tips:
>Connect your phone to your PC and check your files from there.
>Delete your Internet Explorer history and temporary files, as well.
>Soft reset or reboot.

If you're on 8.1 already, this should be easier. Are you on 8.1?

anon(8098745)

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to delete other files in Lumia 720

My phone memory has been consumed by "Other".
The "Others" includes "everything else" (the "other" stuff) on your phone that doesn't belong to the known storage categories. Files in the "other" category are usually created by apps and services on the phone and cannot be deleted by the user. Some examples of "other" files include the database for your phone contacts and the files temporarily storing the latest from your social network newsfeeds. Here's the basic formula we use to calculate it:
total storage capacity – size of storage categories – free storage space = "other"
If you want to erase the content of Others in SD card then format the SD card.(Backup your stuff before formatting).
Format the Card by connecting it to PC.
If u want to get rid of "Others" present in the internal memory then do a hard reset.
Caution: Hard reset will erase everything that is present on your phone i.e: apps,images,music,contacts,etc.
If u want to do hard reset then enable backup in your phone(sms and app list) and then only proceed with hard reset. After the hard reset add you Microsoft account and all other account linked to your phone and sync them.
Note:Most of the apps will have to be downloaded again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion