[Help] Phone powering on and off?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

the phone just powers off abruptly and keeps turning on an off. even when its connected to the charger, now cant use the phone cos of this problem

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
How long has this been going on? the best possible fix right now is to download NSU and recover the device... I would do it before the phone dies off completely.. Keep in mind all data on the phone (pics, music, vids) will be lost unless you had a backup

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got this problem. I was on an app and wanted to share something and airplane mode turned on and then it restarted o.o
Posted Via Tapatalk for Windows Phone.

BEFORE you perform a hard reset, which will indeed remove all your data, there have been many reports on this bug and the solution was particularly simple if you're using a Lumia where you have direct access to your battery (e.g. a L530.) The problem may just be a loose battery connection. Just tighten the contact pins between your battery and your phone, either by slightly bending the pins of the phone gold contact pins outwards* or by placing a piece of paper (or any other thin film) that will push the battery towards the phone gold contact pins.

*- Bend it slowly, using a toothpick, and GENTLY. Too much force will break these pins.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
BEFORE you perform a hard reset, which will indeed remove all your data, there have been many reports on this bug and the solution was particularly simple if you're using a Lumia where you have direct access to your battery (e.g. a L530.) The problem may just be a loose battery connection. Just tighten the contact pins between your battery and your phone, either by slightly bending the pins of the phone gold contact pins outwards* or by placing a piece of paper (or any other thin film) that will push the battery towards the phone gold contact pins.

*- Bend it slowly, using a toothpick, and GENTLY. Too much force will break these pins.

I don't think is my problem. I think it has to do with the newest update for the 635..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Use the paper trick people... Let us not have a rash of threads here stating "I broke my battery contact pins. HELP!!!"

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think is my problem. I think it has to do with the newest update for the 635..

Try a couple or three of "soft resets" first at least before the "hard reset". Press and hold the volume down volume and power buttons until you see your phone power down and restart.

If this still doesn't work, then "hard reset" it is. At that point, I hope the "hard reset" would fix the problem and be worth it.:angel:

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Try a couple or three of "soft resets" first at least before the "hard reset". Press and hold the volume down volume and power buttons until you see your phone power down and restart.

If this still doesn't work, then "hard reset" it is. At that point, I hope the "hard reset" would fix the problem and be worth it.:angel:

It only happened once. Nothing more..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers