Will Cortana's speech work in the US with the UK speech setting?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

will cortana's speech work in the u.s. with the u.k. speech setting

Just want British accident on my us cortana is this possible

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: will cortana's speech work in the u.s. with the u.k. speech setting

It doesn't matter where the phone physically is, what matters is what region its set to. I suppose you could use the UK one, as many have used the US one outside of the US.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Not possible... I am in UK and when I set Cortana's speech to English it said something like "I am sorry I haven't learnt this language yet"

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Why would you want to change the better English. I mean, American English is better understood than motherland English or Aussie English.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Why would you want to change the better English. I mean, American English is better understood than motherland English or Aussie English.

I've got every English Language pack downloaded for Here Drive + and much prefer the UK Male voice for my Nav. Different strokes, my friend...

I'm in the US and set to US for Region. Lumia 1520.3, WP 8.1 + Lumia Cyan (natural / no Preview for Developers). I just poked around and it is not possible.

After downloading the language packs and changing the settings to English (UK) everywhere it makes Cortana unable to perform or actually disappear... I think we have to wait until 8.1.1 + Denim when UK Cortana comes out of Beta.

Pukkandan Pukandan

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Not yet...
Cortana only knows US english as of now ie, it can recognize only US speech. That is why it is released only in US. Even if you are outside US, you can use it by setting language and region to US. The UK and Chineese versions are coming soon though...

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Not yet...
Cortana only knows US english as of now ie, it can recognize only US speech. That is why it is released only in US. Even if you are outside US, you can use it by setting language and region to US. The UK and Chineese versions are coming soon though...

it is available for uk and china......

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
*shrug* I'm born and raised US. I call 'em roundabouts.

Once, my nephew and I were looking for a put in for our kayaks. I was driving a new road out in the middle of nowhere in the countryside. Low and behold, for no explicable reason at all, there was a traffic circle (as we are supposed to call them here) at the intersection of two roads that were little more than paved cow paths.

My immediate reaction was to blurt out, "It's a <bleep>ing roundabout!!!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes