Just want British accident on my us cortana is this possible
    11-08-2014 08:49 PM
    It doesn't matter where the phone physically is, what matters is what region its set to. I suppose you could use the UK one, as many have used the US one outside of the US.
    11-08-2014 08:54 PM
    Not possible... I am in UK and when I set Cortana's speech to English it said something like "I am sorry I haven't learnt this language yet"
    11-08-2014 08:58 PM
    Why would you want to change the better English. I mean, American English is better understood than motherland English or Aussie English.
    11-08-2014 09:11 PM
    Why would you want to change the better English. I mean, American English is better understood than motherland English or Aussie English.
    I've got every English Language pack downloaded for Here Drive + and much prefer the UK Male voice for my Nav. Different strokes, my friend...

I'm in the US and set to US for Region. Lumia 1520.3, WP 8.1 + Lumia Cyan (natural / no Preview for Developers). I just poked around and it is not possible.

After downloading the language packs and changing the settings to English (UK) everywhere it makes Cortana unable to perform or actually disappear... I think we have to wait until 8.1.1 + Denim when UK Cortana comes out of Beta.
    11-09-2014 07:58 AM
    Not yet...
    Cortana only knows US english as of now ie, it can recognize only US speech. That is why it is released only in US. Even if you are outside US, you can use it by setting language and region to US. The UK and Chineese versions are coming soon though...
    01-06-2015 07:48 AM
    Not yet...
    Cortana only knows US english as of now ie, it can recognize only US speech. That is why it is released only in US. Even if you are outside US, you can use it by setting language and region to US. The UK and Chineese versions are coming soon though...

it is available for uk and china......
    01-06-2015 07:58 AM
    I've got every English Language pack downloaded for Here Drive + and much prefer the UK Male voice for my Nav. Different strokes, my friend...
    Bet it gets a little confusing when approaching a roundabout (turning circle)?? LOL

G.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:26 AM
    *shrug* I'm born and raised US. I call 'em roundabouts.

Once, my nephew and I were looking for a put in for our kayaks. I was driving a new road out in the middle of nowhere in the countryside. Low and behold, for no explicable reason at all, there was a traffic circle (as we are supposed to call them here) at the intersection of two roads that were little more than paved cow paths.

My immediate reaction was to blurt out, "It's a <bleep>ing roundabout!!!"
    gMaesterUK likes this.
    01-06-2015 01:18 PM