Full resolutions (16mp) backup to onedrive

Nazir Taib

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Can I auto upload 16mp photos from my Lumia 1520 to OneDrive? I feel that my pictures that auto upload to OneDrive not the same quality as in my Lumia. It seems it has been compressed..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Can I auto upload 16mp photos from my Lumia 1520 to OneDrive? I feel that my pictures that auto upload to OneDrive not the same quality as in my Lumia. It seems it has been compressed..

The high-resolution photos are not automatically backed up in OneDrive to prevent high mobile data and excessive battery use. There might be apps that "allow" you to back them up, but by using apps it won't really be "automatic".

My recommendation is to use the Microsoft Files app, go to Phone > Photos > Camera Roll, tap the multiple select icon at the bottom and select both the ordinary and the highres versions of your photos. Then tap the share icon at the bottom. You will be brought to a page where you can choose to upload your photos to OneDrive.

Alternatively, you can copy your photos (both the .jpg and __highres.jpg files) into your PC regularly for a true complete back up of your photos. Once that's done, you have the option to upload them to OneDrive.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Photos > tap the "3 dots" icon > Settings > Auto Upload > tap on the entry OneDrive > select Best Quality for each category (photos and videos). Note that it will then only upload when connected to WiFi.

When you are not connected to WiFi and you open Photos App, you will see a small square with a number in the upper right corner of the screen. That's the number of files waiting to upload. Tapping that takes you to the list of files... Also in photos tap on the 3 dots > Upload status to check on the pending list and select failed files to retry.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Literally turned on Best Quality this morning after thinking about this, if you want stuff to OneDrive for keeping and using across devices you may as well have them as good as they come.

Mortenvs

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, but when browsing the pictures on my Lumia 1520 via my PC. There are two copies of each pic. One named date+pro and one named date+pro+highress. Only the ones named date+pro get uploaded. Is there a difference between the two files? Both of them are 5376x3024 which comes in at 16MP..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On Lumia phones with a 20MP camera, you should be able to set the Nokia (now Lumia) Camera app to save pics one of 3 ways: 5MP.jpg, 5MP.jpg + 16MP.jpg or 5MP.jpg + 16MP.dng

If you are set up for 5MP.jpg + 16MP.jpg that would explain the 2 files. The 5MP (for sharing ease) is the smaller sized file labeled Pro.jpg and the 16MP is a larger sized file labeled as Pro_highres.jpg.

Mortenvs

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
On Lumia phones with a 20MP camera, you should be able to set the Nokia (now Lumia) Camera app to save pics one of 3 ways: 5MP.jpg, 5MP.jpg + 16MP.jpg or 5MP.jpg + 16MP.dng

If you are set up for 5MP.jpg + 16MP.jpg that would explain the 2 files. The 5MP (for sharing ease) is the smaller sized file labeled Pro.jpg and the 16MP is a larger sized file labeled as Pro_highres.jpg.

Yes, that is also how I thought it would be. But why then are they at det same resolution and size when uploaded to OneDrive or moved to my PC?

Nazir Taib

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So it is not possible to auto upload via OneDrive. Thanks., for sharing to fb it's ok to use that, if I want the high resolution photos I need to manually connected to PC or use file.

Nazir Taib

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I just upload my high resolution photo to OneDrive using file, from now on, i will use that method to save my most love photos, the rest of the photos no need to have high resolution as OneDrive like instantly upload my picture after I take a photo.. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss