Is it OK to buy a Nokia Lumia 925 Demo Phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am worried that because it's an internal battery that cannot be removed, this may pose a problem because the phone has been on display and never turned off for however long it's been in the store. I know techies can remove and replace it but I am not techie and it's not how it was meant to be.

As someone who has had to change out batteries on phones before because they didn't last, and charge them separately when my port broke and so on, I rely on having battery control lol. Is it too much risk buying a demo phone? My dad really wants it but I don't want to buy it and have issues early down the road.

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I think I am signed up here but I can't seem to get in so I am typing anonymously I guess but not my intention at all. Cant even find another post I wrote a month ago.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't as screen would have slight scratches and can this screen have screen burn? How many people touched it with e-coli hands EUGH !!! lol but seriously what I would do... Bit cheeky... But buy it... Then return it a week later (say it keeps cutting off every hour... Believe me they won't stand to check) then get a replacement with a brand new one. You didn't hear it here *cough cough*

SamsungDrama

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi there Erractic,
Thank you for your response. This is a person selling from Craigslist (and many on ebay too) and there is no warranty on these phones so once I buy I think I am kinda stuck. :/ I am OK with slight scratches for a good price but not anything else...

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Oooo wouldn't buy without a warranty. That's a no go despite how low the price is. Plus the linger the screen is left on the more the processor would stay heated affecting its life. Best bet (what I did) was go with a buy now and pay nothing for a year plans. That way you pay what you want with no interest if you pay off the full price in a year. Some may charge interest tho so always best to look around.

SamsungDrama

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Erratic.
Because I am on a low cost monthly value plan, I can only buy full price through tmobile or else buy cheaper on ebay or CL. It's a trade off between saving $ and taking a bit of a risk, so I am trying to take the smallest risk possible. I will take your advice and not buy, just wonder how many sellers are up front about it being a store model versus just telling us "used." Thanks for the processor comment, I didn't think about that, I was do focused on the non removable battery. Unfortunately most used phones have expired warranties unless they came out recently in which case they will be too $. There is always a trade off. Sigh....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb