Why is the Icon so ignored?

The Bill Payer

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Recently I've been thinking about my Icon purchase and wondering why it's ignored for software updates, firmware updates and features.

How come lower end devices get Cyan and features like Glance and Tap to Wake?

Why is this supposedly powerhoused flagship phone not getting these features? Is there something wrong with device, was it a quick release with no plans on support?

I just don't understand what is going on l, does anybody else have an opinion?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Glance was omitted due to hardware limitations, which has been discussed elsewhere and also explained why in an article a while back.
Cyan is supposed to be available for the Icon, but Verizon is the roadblock standing in the way.

Best bet is the Preview for Developers. I hooked up my friend with it on her Icon, works great.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My lad just got a 930 in the UK, it has Cortana and live tiles so the latest updates, all I can say is it is one stonking bit of kit and as far as I am aware the same as the Icon, this leads me to assume Icon has been a marketing disaster mainly is the US due to the carrier but MS must take some of the blame for this as it was them that split the phone into two versions Icon/930 making it much harder to sell compared to the other flagship the 1520, and if I didn't have a 1520, I would be highly delighted to own the 930 even with it's main omission of an SD card slot.

Real shame MS were in a position of weakness and went for such a bad deal with the carrier who has far as I can see have managed to bury such a good phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium