Reporting Stolen phone esn

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there a centralized system or place where you can report stolen phones esn so that its blocked on multiple carriers from it getting activated or used on?

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I would just call the carrier. They will block the device from being registered by whomever has it.
How about for Unlocked(CV) ones?
Is there a centralized system or place where you can report stolen phones esn so that its blocked on multiple carriers from it getting activated or used on?

There is..supposedly...but no. If it is a WP and you have activated the "find my phone feature" log-in immediately to WindowsPhone site then lock and erase.

Last edited:

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
well thank god my phone has not been stolen, but if it ever were, yes I am aware of going to the windows site and gps'ing it and even locking it down or erasing it. My friend had his nexus stolen not too long ago...of course those are unlocked..so if he calls his carrier tmob and tells them they will block it on their network..great...but..what if someone puts in a att chip or some other carriers chip? would each carrier have to be notified? I would think if there is not such a thing in place, then, they need to and imagine the stolen phone problems would be dropping like a rock cuz that's what they would be stealing...a rock LOL.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
well thank god my phone has not been stolen, but if it ever were, yes I am aware of going to the windows site and gps'ing it and even locking it down or erasing it. My friend had his nexus stolen not too long ago...of course those are unlocked..so if he calls his carrier tmob and tells them they will block it on their network..great...but..what if someone puts in a att chip or some other carriers chip? would each carrier have to be notified? I would think if there is not such a thing in place, then, they need to and imagine the stolen phone problems would be dropping like a rock cuz that's what they would be stealing...a rock LOL.

Google device manager allows for remote locate/ring/wipe.

there are a few apps that allow for much more than that.

anyone familiar with scripts could easily make the phone a useless brick with one quick secure shell login by writing bad blocks to the boot loader and the system partition.

carrier lock out isn't that big of a deal to overcome for the savvy folks.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
well there would have to be a way to validate who you are and that you owned the device before it was stolen...

I haven't been through the process myself. hopefully people have a plan besides just a carrier lock out. just keeping the phone of its original network means it can still be sold, and not much of a deterrent to thieves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo