3d Maps on Windows Phone?

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys I have been using a windows phone for years now and I really love the offline maps it has it so accurate and in fact it is the only map I used that I don't have to worry about not having internet connection it just works every time, I haven't had any issues really except for its not as good looking as the IOS map and Google earth has to offer, well I know it is really made to be offline but I was wondering cause( correct me if I'm wrong) I read that Apple used to use Nokia maps and Nokia maps is basically Here Maps which I also read that it has 3d maps like google earth or ios like. I'm really satisfied in what they offer but I cant browse maps on full 3d, are there any ios like maps on windows phone? Or are they going to release one?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I have been using a windows phone for years now and I really love the offline maps it has it so accurate and in fact it is the only map I used that I don't have to worry about not having internet connection it just works every time, I haven't had any issues really except for its not as good looking as the IOS map and Google earth has to offer, well I know it is really made to be offline but I was wondering cause( correct me if I'm wrong) I read that Apple used to use Nokia maps and Nokia maps is basically Here Maps which I also read that it has 3d maps like google earth or ios like. I'm really satisfied in what they offer but I cant browse maps on full 3d, are there any ios like maps on windows phone? Or are they going to release one?

The availability of 3D maps depends on your location. But, to be more accurate in statement, it's the "comprehensiveness" of the 3D maps that depends on your location*. There are two types of details for 3D maps, one is a general color-less aggregate of boxes that represent the individual buildings and houses, and the other is a colored model of buildings, usually of malls and high-rise buildings.**

If you're using a Lumia, the default Windows Phone maps and Here Maps are capable of displaying these two types of 3D data. But if you're using a non-Lumia Phone (e.g. an HTC 8s), you may need a third party map client.

*- For example, in my city, there are no 3D

**- To keep my location private and to avoid possible legal issues (or whatever conflict), I can not post any screenshot of any portion of any map.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs