Facebook app and notifications

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Can someone confirm how their notifications work for their facebook app.

I ask this as on both my 8x and 930 the live tile is not so live only shows notification count in the right top corner and only ever displays the cover photo.

Also I never receive a toast notification unless from the messenger app but guessing because of it being a separate app.

Checked the setting all switched on and also checked the notification centre and all switched on but still nothing on either!

Any help would be great.

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I've ran both the beta and original app and can confirm that it isn't that reliable on my trusty Lumia 920.

Sometimes it works. Other times it doesn't. Hopefully it'll be resolved in the not too distant future.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've ran both the beta and original app and can confirm that it isn't that reliable on my trusty Lumia 920.

Sometimes it works. Other times it doesn't. Hopefully it'll be resolved in the not too distant future.
Got my 8x running the beta and 930 running normal app but neither running like it should.

My wife sitting next to me commenting on stuff on fb and when she gets a reply on her xperia it pops up straight away me I have to go on the app to find out or if I don't only way I know is by an email!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Notifications are completely unreliable for FB app on WP. I noticed few scenarios:
[1] I sometimes I receive notifications that claim someone has added some photos and when I click on the notification, I do not see the related feed!!
[2] Sometimes, when someone posts anything/comments on anything I do get notifications and directly view it by clicking on notification/from Notification Center; however live tile wont return back to my cover pic unless I reopen the app and navigate to view notifications one more time!!
[3] I randomly get friend suggestions notifications even though there is no option listed that allows me to uncheck/check to receive friend suggestions.

In short, FB notifications are not at all reliable and too much buggy!!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Gonna try uninstall on my 8x seems its a secondary phone and see if it changes anything but I'm guessing nothing will be different and it will be the same. Just another good example of loosing all the good things about wp7 and the me tile!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon