How do I turn off the Narrator feature on my Lumia 635?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

how do I turn off narrator feature on lumia 635?

How do I turn off narrator feature on lumia 635, phone seems locked up or unresponsive. thanks

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
A few ways, the first reply is right though what they don't tell you is that you sometimes have to press the start twice while holding volume up. Mainly cause narrator will say 'start button' or something first and not recognize your trying to turn it off. I do this daily as a job thing. Second way, press then press and hold search button to activate Cortana, say, open ease of access, then turn off slider. Third way is to actual navigate, to settings, ease of access, narrator.

Wellpuzzled

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do I turn off narrator feature on lumia 635?

The replies here were confusing to me - because holding down the volume up button & the switch on/off button only took a screen shot (as someone on this forum said it would!) You have to hold down the volume up button and the Windows logo button at the same time. It didn't work immediately for me because each time I managed to press the yellow box. If you press slightly under the Windows logo thus not touching the yellow box then it should work. It was a relief to me I can tell you!
Earlier I also managed to lock the screen & Narrator wouldn't let me back in. The only way around the locked screen I found was to turn off the power switch and shut it down. Switched it back on and hoped that I could work out how to turn off Narrator before the screen lock kicked in after the 5 mins I'd previously set it to.

I hope this really helps you

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do I turn off narrator feature on lumia 635?

The replies here were confusing to me - because holding down the volume up button & the switch on/off button only took a screen shot (as someone on this forum said it would!) You have to hold down the volume up button and the Windows logo button at the same time. It didn't work immediately for me because each time I managed to press the yellow box. If you press slightly under the Windows logo thus not touching the yellow box then it should work. It was a relief to me I can tell you!
Earlier I also managed to lock the screen & Narrator wouldn't let me back in. The only way around the locked screen I found was to turn off the power switch and shut it down. Switched it back on and hoped that I could work out how to turn off Narrator before the screen lock kicked in after the 5 mins I'd previously set it to.

I hope this really helps you

Wellcome Wellpuzeled to WC

Indeed the problem is the names of the buttons. But you now figured it out.

That's why I put the link in my reply so you have a picture which buttons to push.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Zombie Thread.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium