• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    How do I turn off narrator feature on lumia 635, phone seems locked up or unresponsive. thanks
    11-12-2014 06:12 PM
    Hold the volume up key + start button
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-14-2014 06:01 AM

Don't lists to him. That'd how to take screenshots...
    Go to settings, speech. There should be the option.
    11-14-2014 06:05 AM
    How do I get into my phone to cut off narrator
    01-12-2015 01:33 PM
    The first replied was right.
    Start button is the windows button not the power button.
    See also this. http://wmpoweruser.com/tip-how-to-ex...ows-phone-8-1/
    Last edited by Harrie-S; 02-12-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    01-12-2015 01:56 PM
    A few ways, the first reply is right though what they don't tell you is that you sometimes have to press the start twice while holding volume up. Mainly cause narrator will say 'start button' or something first and not recognize your trying to turn it off. I do this daily as a job thing. Second way, press then press and hold search button to activate Cortana, say, open ease of access, then turn off slider. Third way is to actual navigate, to settings, ease of access, narrator.
    01-12-2015 02:59 PM
    The replies here were confusing to me - because holding down the volume up button & the switch on/off button only took a screen shot (as someone on this forum said it would!) You have to hold down the volume up button and the Windows logo button at the same time. It didn't work immediately for me because each time I managed to press the yellow box. If you press slightly under the Windows logo thus not touching the yellow box then it should work. It was a relief to me I can tell you!
    Earlier I also managed to lock the screen & Narrator wouldn't let me back in. The only way around the locked screen I found was to turn off the power switch and shut it down. Switched it back on and hoped that I could work out how to turn off Narrator before the screen lock kicked in after the 5 mins I'd previously set it to.

I hope this really helps you
    02-12-2015 10:36 AM
    The replies here were confusing to me - because holding down the volume up button & the switch on/off button only took a screen shot (as someone on this forum said it would!) You have to hold down the volume up button and the Windows logo button at the same time. It didn't work immediately for me because each time I managed to press the yellow box. If you press slightly under the Windows logo thus not touching the yellow box then it should work. It was a relief to me I can tell you!
    Earlier I also managed to lock the screen & Narrator wouldn't let me back in. The only way around the locked screen I found was to turn off the power switch and shut it down. Switched it back on and hoped that I could work out how to turn off Narrator before the screen lock kicked in after the 5 mins I'd previously set it to.

I hope this really helps you
    Wellcome Wellpuzeled to WC

Indeed the problem is the names of the buttons. But you now figured it out.

That's why I put the link in my reply so you have a picture which buttons to push.
    02-12-2015 10:48 AM
    This drove me nuts!
    I kept trying the volume up button and the power button on the side of the phone and it wouldn't work.

Thanks for the clarification!
    03-23-2015 12:43 PM
    Here is the Windows Phone Narrator help page: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/h...or-on-my-phone
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-23-2015 01:18 PM
    just press and hold the volume up key and then tap home and release but keep holding the volume up key until the narrator says turning off. problem solved
    06-26-2015 12:06 PM
    06-26-2015 12:40 PM