How can I remove Telstra branding from my Nokia Lumia 930?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I bought an unlocked Nokia Lumia 930 and it has Telstra Branding all over the image, it also is restricted to only Telstra approved updates so i can't get the latest update with Cortana.

Can i download a full firmware for this phone and re-flash it with a vanilla image not branded with any carrier?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: how can i remove telstra branding from my Nokia Lumia 930

How about just signing up for the dev preview and getting all of the Cortana goodies that way?

sjeffs

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the advice, I would still like to remove the Telstra branding as I am with Vodafone, but at least now I have Cortana and the latest preview firmware!

I have another 930 that is unbranded, and I was trying to trick the Nokia Software recovery tool into thinking the Telstra one was the unbranded phone to get it to load the same version I have on the Unbranded phone, but it was too smart for me and detected when I swapped phones!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

thanks for the advice, I would still like to remove the Telstra branding as I am with Vodafone, but at least now I have Cortana and the latest preview firmware!

I have another 930 that is unbranded, and I was trying to trick the Nokia Software recovery tool into thinking the Telstra one was the unbranded phone to get it to load the same version I have on the Unbranded phone, but it was too smart for me and detected when I swapped phones!

The 930 is an expensive phone otherwise i would just tell you to go ahead and experiment lol but I will try to find an answer for you... Maybe somebody else already tried it and posted it somewhere lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs