I bought an unlocked Nokia Lumia 930 and it has Telstra Branding all over the image, it also is restricted to only Telstra approved updates so i can't get the latest update with Cortana.

Can i download a full firmware for this phone and re-flash it with a vanilla image not branded with any carrier?
    11-13-2014 11:19 PM
    Lol a simple search did the trick :P (Reasons why i love the internet; if you know how to use it; it's useful lol)

proof that it works:

remove telstra branding - Nokia - Windows Phone

Steps:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ed-inside.html
    How about just signing up for the dev preview and getting all of the Cortana goodies that way?
    11-13-2014 11:46 PM
    thanks for the advice, I would still like to remove the Telstra branding as I am with Vodafone, but at least now I have Cortana and the latest preview firmware!

I have another 930 that is unbranded, and I was trying to trick the Nokia Software recovery tool into thinking the Telstra one was the unbranded phone to get it to load the same version I have on the Unbranded phone, but it was too smart for me and detected when I swapped phones!
    ven07 likes this.
    11-14-2014 03:56 PM
    thanks for the advice, I would still like to remove the Telstra branding as I am with Vodafone, but at least now I have Cortana and the latest preview firmware!

I have another 930 that is unbranded, and I was trying to trick the Nokia Software recovery tool into thinking the Telstra one was the unbranded phone to get it to load the same version I have on the Unbranded phone, but it was too smart for me and detected when I swapped phones!
    The 930 is an expensive phone otherwise i would just tell you to go ahead and experiment lol but I will try to find an answer for you... Maybe somebody else already tried it and posted it somewhere lol
    11-14-2014 04:05 PM
    Lol a simple search did the trick :P (Reasons why i love the internet; if you know how to use it; it's useful lol)

proof that it works:

remove telstra branding - Nokia - Windows Phone

Steps:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ed-inside.html
    11-14-2014 04:13 PM