How do I transfer a camera roll to a new phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how to transfer camera roll to new phone

Got a new 830, coming from a 920. Restored back up to the 830, but I noticed the camera roll is empty. I wanted my camera roll from my 920 to carry onto my 830. SO I hooked em both up to my PC and manually moved everything over. It worked, but all the videos and panoramas and blinks (everything except regular pics) are not sorted by date properly. Instead, they just show up under today's date. I'm wondering and hoping there is a better way to transfer the camera roll when moving to a new device. Help anyone??

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to transfer camera roll to new phone

i think images in the camera roll folder have filenames according to dates they were taken

as long as your images have those default filenames, it doesnt matter how theyre arranged in your camera roll folder or maybe you need to refresh your system so those filenames will reflect to your image arrangements in your folder(?)

mightymask69

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Yah that worked for all of my regular photos. But all videos and panoramas and blinks are not sorted by date in the camera roll on the new phone. They all show up under today's date, like I took all those today. Also, I copied my saved photos to my saved photos folder on the new phone and same thing, they all show up under today's date, but on my old phone, they were sorted by date taken, even if I saved tyem to my phone at a later date..

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

I wondered about the same thing but ended up not transferring my photos when I went from a 920 to an 830.

Have you tried hooking it up to a PC and manually changing the properties of a few videos on the phone?

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Yah that worked for all of my regular photos. But all videos and panoramas and blinks are not sorted by date in the camera roll on the new phone. They all show up under today's date, like I took all those today. Also, I copied my saved photos to my saved photos folder on the new phone and same thing, they all show up under today's date, but on my old phone, they were sorted by date taken, even if I saved tyem to my phone at a later date..

That's strange.. I guess it will sort out automatically.. I have done the same thing but it is sorted according to date

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb