Escalation for pathetic customer service - Microsoft Devices India

Santpreet

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I purchased a Lumia 920 in January 2013, and I'm an ardent lover or the OS. I've found it much better in usage than iOS or Android. I purchased the extended warranty from Nokia during my first year of use. My phone did develop a problem. There was yellow patches all over the screen, and when I went to show it to the Care center, they asked me to submit it for repairs.

I asked them how much time would it take for repairs, and I was given an estimate of 21 workings days. I submitted my phone on 14th October 2014. I was quite shocked at such a long turn-around-time, but I still went ahead having no option.

I asked for a replacement phone from them, and they gave me a candy phone, with only basic function of calling and sms. I told them, I'm a premium customer as per their own classification, (Lumia range is considered premium and the ucstomers are supposed to get high quality service), and the least I can expect from them is to give me any lumia phone to use in the absence of my original 920. Even a Lumia 520 would be good enough.

They said there was no such policy, and this is the only thing they had. I could take it or leave it. I argued a lot but reluctantly gave in. For all highly tech enthusiasts, who are so dependent on their smartphone through the day, imagine having to use a candy phone with no internet access, no mails, no whatsapp, no apps for a month now.

And the worst thing is I'm still to hear from them with the status of the repair. I even voiced my concerns to Lumia India and Microsoft India on twitter and they have not bothered to reply back. I'm really appalled with the high turn-around-time, no replacement smartphone offered and bad customer service.

On the other hand, my friends who use iPhone get an immediate replacement of the device in case there's any problem detected. Such is the difference in the quality of customer service between the two companies.

Such things make it hard for me to stay a loyalist to Nokia (now Microsoft), even after having converted 9 people to windows phone users. Is there any way the moderators or users can voice my concern or help me voice my concern through the web regarding the abysmal way of treating customers in India? Or if someone can help me find a way to reach to the heads at Microsoft India, it would really help.

Thanking in anticipation,

Santpreet Arora
(S.P.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs