How to get Cortana to read out texts?

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Just as the titles says 😊 I have a Lumia 1520 in UK and not on DP and changed region and language to American... Not sure how to get Cortana to read my texts or any reminders I have on my calendar.

Also.... What is visual voicemail? Is this where voicemail gets transferred into a text? Thanks fir any help in advance

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Assuming you were able to get Cortana on your phone, go into settings > Applications > Cortana > speech settings > Read aloud incoming text messages. Pick your poison from the drop down menu.

As for reminders, I think it might be tied into the text messaging process above, though I'm not entirely sure. I usually don't have her read things out loud lest something embarrassing be sent to me. Moreover I've never had a need for her to read my reminders out loud.

Visual voicemail is usually available through wireless carriers themselves (at least I believe that's how it's done here in the US). Basically under the 'Phone' app, another section becomes visible called 'Voicemail,' which lists out all the messages you have in your inbox. You can pick and choose what to listen to and delete like you would in any list on WP without having to call your voicemail and press numbers to perform actions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz