Query regarding switching regions

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello folks.

I recently had a sudden interest to try out Cortana in my primary phone. So, I performed the usual drill of switching regions, language etc.

After a couple of days, I switched everything back to the way they originally were. But, I don't know why, since then the battery is falling at a staggering rate. 😩 I don't use Bluetooth or cellular data. I am usually on WiFi. I don't play much on my phone.

Anything that I am missing people? Anyway to bring the battery performance back up?

Thanks!

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you made sure location is switched off? Personally I would let the battery run till its dead then fully charge to recalibrate it. Last night I decided to do an experiment. I charged my phone to 100% and took it off charge but left the phone on. WiFi was off but location was on. Seven and a half hours later... I had 97% battery left (my phone wasn't used as I was sleeping) Try that tonight as a guideline to see if you get the same results

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps I should have mentioned this. I always have Location turned on.

And, I have already tried the full discharge-recharge thing. In fact I do it once every month. But, it didn't better the situation. I have tried soft resetting a number of times. No help there either. This is sad. wp_ss_20141116_0002.pngwp_ss_20141116_0003.png

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I changed regions and language packs recently as an experiment to get Cortana to speak English (UK), but it didn't work. I reverted and rebooted with no issues afterwards.

Sounds like you did what you were supposed to do when reverting... Honestly, hard reset is all that comes to mind for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon